Can access bios and can't format my pc

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can't access the bios it gives me a blackscreen when I press F2 (it's the default key) Normaly when I turn on the computer appears the acer logo and press F2 to enter in bios

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the real problem is I already flash the bios through desktop and nothing, I already try a second monitor and nothing, I already run malware bytes, avast, kaspersky and hitman pro

the laptop model is acer aspire 5738DG
BIOS setup and boot menu are two different things. Boot menu is just for selecting which device to boot from.

b1g4s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
BIOS setup and boot menu are two different things. Boot menu is just for selecting which device to boot from.
I can't access both xD I put the DVD with Windows 7 and press enter It gives me a blackscreen, I tried a restore point but the entire process only show me a blackscreen

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my alienware laptop at one point when I was trying to flash the bios I had to do so through command prompt in some special way (to get back that keyboard fx stuff), but tbh I don't remember how I did so.
maybe someone else may know

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can't access both xD I put the DVD with Windows 7 and press enter It gives me a blackscreen, I tried a restore point but the entire process only show me a blackscreen
Sounds like your laptop is probably FUBAR but maybe there's a way to fix it. The BIOS might be flashable through Windows, you should check the drivers page for your laptop and it should have BIOS updates on there with instructions. It might be flashable in other ways than specified in the instructions, there are multiple tools available to flash BIOS files, but which ones will work for your PC is hard to say.

You can't boot from DVDs so booting from USB devices is probably also not an option, so you can't flash the BIOS that way.

The last way to flash a BIOS is the one usually built into the BIOS itself, exactly how to access it depends on your BIOS, but usually it goes something like, download the BIOS update, put the .IMG file which has a special file name on a flash drive (FAT32 formatted I think?) and it will either be detected automatically on boot by the BIOS looking for that specific filename, or you have to hold a key combination to start the update process.

Funkyscorp

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
just download windows update assistant update to windows 10 then u can reset your pc when 10 update is done is finished.
go from there .

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Good.
If you have a VM it might be safer, but anyway, if you can plug in the hard drive via USB into your main computer, you should be able to format the hard drive, and then your laptop should be fine afterwards.

b1g4s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Good.
If you have a VM it might be safer, but anyway, if you can plug in the hard drive via USB into your main computer, you should be able to format the hard drive, and then your laptop should be fine afterwards.
And if try to remove the ssd and try to see if I can access bios?

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure you can't see anything? It just may be that the backlight is turned off? I you use a flashlight and look closely at a known part of the screen like your Acer logo or on your bios screen. Try your key combination to turn up the back light while you are in your bios. I can't see from your videos if the backlight turns on or off the moment you press power, but it would be a good idea to rule that out.

b1g4s

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Are you sure you can't see anything? It just may be that the backlight is turned off? I you use a flashlight and look closely at a known part of the screen like your Acer logo or on your bios screen. Try your key combination to turn up the back light while you are in your bios. I can't see from your videos if the backlight turns on or off the moment you press power, but it would be a good idea to rule that out.
I'm not that dumb and a trojan cause this (kaspersky deleted the trojan but it caused damage)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm not that dumb and a trojan cause this (kaspersky deleted the trojan but it caused damage)
Bootkits are just about the toughest thing to get rid of. You had some pretty bad luck encountering one of those. Can you check the logs and see what the detection is called in Kaspersky?

Funkyscorp

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
this laptop can't handle windows 10
Windows 10 runs on anything man mostly anything
T. Would say take the battery out and if u can take Ur cmos battery out boot it with just pluged in power .
Have u gone to Asus Web site for your model and do a bios update.

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Remove power cable, laptop battery, HDD/SSD & cmos battery and then press and hold power button for 30 seconds to dissapate any current. After that, if you still can't get into BIOS, then my only suggestions would be to find out where the cmos jumpers are on your motherboard & close the circuit or find out where the hardware gap is on your mobo and short to reset BIOS. Here are the steps to short the hardware gap :
1017_77_114-aspire-5542g.jpg

• Use an electric conductivity tool to short the two points of the hardware gap.
  • Plug in the AC adapter while retaining the short condition on the hardware gap. Press the power button to turn on the computer until the BIOS POST routine is finished. Finally, remove the tool from the hardware gap.
  • Restart the system. Press the F2 key to enter BIOS Setup menu.
Here is a link, to some who has a bootkit and was able to recover :
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/662204/how-i-solved-my-rootkit-bootkit-problem-follow-up-post/

Last edited by retrogamefan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, sleep well +1