Hacking Can a patched Switch be banned?

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
As you all know, a patched Switch makes hacking impossible, and hacking is the main reason for a Switch being banned.

So, are there any known instances of a banned Switch that is patched?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What?
You can hack any Switch, and because of that reason you can also get any Switch banned.
If you're asking if an unhacked Switch can get banned, then that's maybe a little harder to achieve.

Reactions: Zaide and BigOnYa

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
What?
You can hack any Switch, and because of that reason you can also get any Switch banned.
If you're asking if an unhacked Switch can get banned, then that's maybe a little harder to achieve.
Uhh... Patched switches cannot be hacked, and if you try to hack a patched switch, it permanently bricks.

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Uhh... Patched switches cannot be hacked, and if you try to hack a patched switch, it permanently bricks.
All switches can be hacked, even the Lite. However iPatched Eristas(v1) and Mariko(v2) units, also Lites, need a modchip to boot CFW, unless they are running a very old FW version which would only apply to ipatched Eristas if I recall correctly. Currently, the only Modchips that can do it is SX Core and SX Lite, that is to say if you find one on the market.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
All switches can be hacked, even the Lite. However iPatched Eristas(v1) and Mariko(v2) units, also Lites, need a modchip to boot CFW, unless they are running a very old FW version which would only apply to ipatched Eristas if I recall correctly. Currently, the only Modchips that can do it is SX Core and SX Lite, that is to say if you find one on the market.
First of all, why tf should I PAY to hack and only get banned?

Second, it's a shared Switch, the second I tamper with it, my brother will hate me for the rest of his life.

Quarions

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Second, it's a shared Switch, the second I tamper with it, my brother will hate me for the rest of his life.

So how do you want to do it? Spawn a modchip out of thin air?

I really ask myself sometimes if some people do have a brain.

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wtf? Lots of people don't give a crap about online and would happily install a mod chip. If you don't want to then that's fine, but it doesn't change the fact that your statements about patched switches being unhackable is verifiably incorrect.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So how do you want to do it? Spawn a modchip out of thin air?

I really ask myself sometimes if some people do have a brain.
Unpatched switches are super rare today and they are about $600 now, double the price of a patched one.

A modchip not only costs $100 extra, but it also needs a painful 2 hour setup, which also includes unscrewing the proprietary screws that Nintendo put in there ($8 extra proprietary screwdriver, either spend hours finding a hardware store where they sell proprietary screwdrivers or wait 5 days for delivery). Also, the chip is nowhere to be found. Where do I even buy it?

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the point of your thread exactly?
If you don't modify your switch, nothing will happen, because all you can do on it is play games the legit way.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

You clearly have lived under a rock for the last year or so. Neither of your statements are even remotely true. Please educate yourself before posting anything. It saves us a lot of headache.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

Big Man Tyrone2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unpatched switches are super rare today and they are about $600 now, double the price of a patched one.

A modchip not only costs $100 extra, but it also needs a painful 2 hour setup, which also includes unscrewing the proprietary screws that Nintendo put in there ($8 extra proprietary screwdriver, either spend hours finding a hardware store where they sell proprietary screwdrivers or wait 5 days for delivery). Also, the chip is nowhere to be found. Where do I even buy it?
$600 for an unpatched Switch? Just buy the tablet off of eBay. It's like $200 there.

Regardless, you aren't getting a softmod for patched Swtich anytime soon. If you want to mod it, hardmod is your only option.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll just wait the year for a softmod
Bro why do you keep fighting people about patched switches? You asked a question, got answered, tried to argue that the answer given was wrong, and then argued against the notion of the correct answer existing.

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Patched models can be hard modded, also why would Nintendo make another firmware just for patched switches?
The reason nintendo bans consoles is because in the OS there is a program part that is responsible for sending them data about your console.

Reactions: Quarions

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Mate so much of what you said is so incredibly wrong.
Techically any switch can get banned, & yes patched switches are hackable, thats not new.
I also dont know how on earth your getting 600$ for unpatched either.
Unpatched switch tablets on Australian ebay can go for 250$-300 tablet only, and AUD is worth less than USD.
Also worth mentioning, patched switches FW 4.01 or below don’t require a modchip.
Finally hacking your switch doesn’t mean you will get banned, in fact if you have half a brain with the measures you take, you almost certainly won’t get banned.

Last edited by Basketto,
Reactions: Quarions

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Mate so much of what you said is so incredibly wrong.
Techically any switch can get banned, & yes patched switches are hackable, thats not new.
I also dont know how on earth your getting 600$ for unpatched either.
Unpatched switch tablets on Australian ebay can go for 250$-300 tablet only, and AUD is worth less than USD.
Also worth mentioning, patched switches FW 4.01 or below don’t require a modchip.
Finally hacking your switch doesn’t mean you will get banned, in fact if you have half a brain with the measures you take, you almost certainly won’t get banned.
My patched has FW 11.0.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple