Portugal
Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The problem is that I don't even have an luma launcher.. and I really wanna keep my settings since I have them now for over 5 Months
Expect your current setup doesn't want to cooperate with the current CFWs. Realistically the worst thing a person can do with technology is settle. Menuhax is an extremely old entrypoint and not very reliable. As well you are missing out on a lot of new innovations, like being able to remove that old emuNAND or even running a CFW from your CTRNAND!

Loe7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Expect your current setup doesn't want to cooperate with the current CFWs. Realistically the worst thing a person can do with technology is settle. Menuhax is an extremely old entrypoint and not very reliable. As well you are missing out on a lot of new innovations, like being able to remove that old emuNAND or even running a CFW from your CTRNAND!

Well, ok then. I'll get some sleep now and do this other guide tomorrow. Like you guys said, I'll follow the guide till I'm done and after ill copy my N3DS Folder back so I have my saves and my games. Thanks for helping me out tho.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The menu is called CtrBootManager. I am rather shocked you haven't heard of it, it used to be the most commonly used bootloader before CFWs added payload loaders.
oh yeah, I've heard of that. I just never used it. I used rxtools w/ menuhax then jumped straight over to al9h + luma.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
oh yeah, I've heard of that. I just never used it. I used rxtools w/ menuhax then jumped straight over to al9h + luma.
I used it before Corbenik added a bootloader

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad because it was just a crap ton of noobs who have no idea how to actually help anymore beyond throwing the Guide at everyone.
I only "threw" Plailect's guide at them because the guide they originally followed was outdated and said to use Plailect's guide.

Actually, that is not what 11.3 did.
I'm not sure what you mean by that but according to this... https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-11-3-and-homebrew.460098/ MenuHax was patched with 11.3. Care to elaborate?

xJoelituh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I only "threw" Plailect's guide at them because the guide they originally followed was outdated and said to use Plailect's guide.

I'm not sure what you mean by that but according to this... https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-11-3-and-homebrew.460098/ MenuHax was patched with 11.3. Care to elaborate?
Menuhax itself it's patched in 11.3. But not in 9.2. That's why he is using a SysNand 9.2 + menuhax + Emunand setup.

I helped a friend some days ago with this. She didn't changed to A9LH (yet, because laziness), but I managed to update her SD in order to work for 11.3.

She only had to change the boot.3dsx for the one from Luma, update the Luma folder, and delete any *.cfg file that was in the root of the SD(in order to delete the menu itself).

Maybe he has lesshax too, which would mean that he would need to change the menuhax payload to boot in "boot.3dsx" from Luma.

PS: This is only if he wants to keep his emuNand Setup, which I totally don't recommend, you should do an emunand backup and start installing A9LH, and whenever it asks you to restore your data, restore your emunand backup.

Last edited by xJoelituh,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Menuhax itself it's patched in 11.3. But not in 9.2. That's why he is using a SysNand 9.2 + menuhax + Emunand setup.

I helped a friend some days ago with this. She didn't changed to A9LH (yet, because laziness), but I managed to update her SD in order to work for 11.3.

She only had to change the boot.3dsx for the one from Luma, update the Luma folder, and delete any *.cfg file that was in the root of the SD(in order to delete the menu itself).

Maybe he has lesshax too, which would mean that he would need to change the menuhax payload to boot in "boot.3dsx" from Luma.
Ah OK, so if I understand correctly, the OP still has a 9.2 SysNAND but updated their EmuNAND to 11.3 and that broke MenuHax for them? I know nothing about EmuNAND as I started with A9LH. Also, thanks for the response.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

xJoelituh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ah OK, so if I understand correctly, the OP still has a 9.2 SysNAND but updated their EmuNAND to 11.3 and that broke MenuHax for them? I no nothing about EmuNAND as I started with A9LH. Also, thanks for the response.
Menuhax is fine, what broke was Luma, because it's an old version which doesn't work with 11.3.

PS: Yay, Message #100

Loe7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah OK, so if I understand correctly, the OP still has a 9.2 SysNAND but updated their EmuNAND to 11.3 and that broke MenuHax for them? I no nothing about EmuNAND as I started with A9LH. Also, thanks for the response.

That's right, my SysNAND is 9.2 and my emuNAND 11.3

Reactions: xJoelituh

Loe7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay uhm now I tryed something different. I used fasthax and savehax and somehow I got into my emuNAND and everything is working. I litterly have no clue how this works. Maybe someone of you can tell me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up