subzero401

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"just a heads up

got COD5 working on 0.1 but disk error on 0.3"

does not mention anything about a modchip..

because backup launcher users would know it would
probably work with a modchip. but it will soon work
with the backup launcher. just a matter of time.

just makes me sick to see someone chime in with

"I got a modchip and you dont have one"
na na na na na na!

reminds me of 3rd graders on a playground making
fun of the less fortunate kids.

and to me it is a different scene.
I am happy with backup launchers, dont need a modchip.

but im glad you have one if it makes you happy.

God Bless

sum182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could still possibly work on softchip, it doesnt read decrypted games so thats why it didnt work before....sadly i only have happy hour premium for MU so i'm gonna have to wait to DL to test....but the report will come out soon lol

BurningSpear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game works for me with 0.1 launcher. I don't see ne1 in the multiplayer rooms, though. I guess it's still too early for that...

You forget that some people don't do MODchips because they don't want to give money to people that are benefiting from pirating. Honor among thieves and all that old-school jazz.

Also, Wii games are just not worth the retail cost let alone purchasing a modchip for running backups.

Some of us just like to do it the FREE way and just have to buy blanks DVD's.

apd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Edgedancer said:
There is already a topic regarding COD5 in the wii genral discussions at the moment. Regarding the backup loader who needs that when you have a modchip.
smile.gif

WIIKEY FTW
grog.gif

netsliderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BurningSpear said:
This game works for me with 0.1 launcher. I don't see ne1 in the multiplayer rooms, though. I guess it's still too early for that...

You forget that some people don't do MODchips because they don't want to give money to people that are benefiting from pirating. Honor among thieves and all that old-school jazz.

Also, Wii games are just not worth the retail cost let alone purchasing a modchip for running backups.

Some of us just like to do it the FREE way and just have to buy blanks DVD's.

Aside from online, any other issues you've encountered? Did you do a straight patch or did you convert to ntsc first?

BurningSpear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Aside from online, any other issues you've encountered? Did you do a straight patch or did you convert to ntsc first?

All I did was use the original patcher with launcher 0.1 and configured to force NTSC. I've only played through the first level, so far.

El-Grosso

Trophies
XP
Country
BurningSpear said:
1:1 or patched does NOT work with any of the 0.3 launchers (including SoftChip),for me. It locks up after the zapper screen.

But patched works with .1. Right, got it.

BurningSpear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
El-Grosso said:
BurningSpear said:
1:1 or patched does NOT work with any of the 0.3 launchers (including SoftChip),for me. It locks up after the zapper screen.

That is correct!

I did NOT convert the ISO from PAL to NTSC. I just used the launcher to FORCE NTSC. I'm not sure if converting it first would have anything to do with it working or not.

netsliderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you discovered any issues and how is the game itself??

Please god tell me it's better than Quantum of Solace which uses the same engine.. (cod4)

BurningSpear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
is the gameplay any good?

It's so-so. It's the usual COD gameplay. The guns feel real weak. sometimes you can unload a clip and not drop the enemy.

I'll have to put more playtime on it before saying too much more about it.

Cyberxion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BurningSpear said:
El-Grosso said:
BurningSpear said:

That is correct!

I did NOT convert the ISO from PAL to NTSC. I just used the launcher to FORCE NTSC. I'm not sure if converting it first would have anything to do with it working or not.
I converted it to NTSC and got the same error as everyone else, using both .1 and .3. I'm going to give your suggestion a try and see if that doesn't do the trick.

By the way, I got the backup patcher from DJtaz's sig. I believe it's the latest version, so I should just be able to load up the ISO using the program and it should do everything for me, correct?

I searched the board, and everyone is using terminology that seems to assume that the people they're addressing have prior experience with this stuff. Which isn't a big deal mind you, but I always have to seek clarification even after reading all of it, and I always feel like a jackass. I know that n00bs can be a problem around here, and I don't want to contribute to that problem. Unfortunately, I am a n00b, so please bear with me.
tongue.gif

At any rate, I'm going to give it a try, and I'll report back later with my results. Thanks guys.

EDIT: I wonder if the errors have anything to do with the conversion process. Eh, it's probably unlikely, but I wonder just the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: