Hacking [Cakes CFW] Problem updating to 10.5 - Black screen when loading.

Floatzel_trainer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hello, I had a problem with the execution of my CFW after updating to 10.5, two weeks ago.

After updating, a black screen boots up in my O3ds, but if I press the power button, it appears the sleep mode menu. And when I press the Home button to reload the cfw, it gets stucked.

Then, I tried to reinstall my old rxTools, but it presents the same problems.

I think that something with the update went wrong, and the whole emunand is messed up, so I can't load any cfw. Is there a solution to this so I don't lose my save data?

(I've been using rxTools for two months, so every vital files like slot.bin weren't even touched)

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that rx tools 3.0 is unstable and it barely came out. I have rx tools 2.6 and want to update to 10.6. To upgrade to rx tools 3.0, I just download it and put it in my sd card?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes
its a little bit unstable (if i press the Left or Right shoulder button on my n3ds to acces the rxtools menu than it blackscreens sometimes)

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you guys are using the most recent rxtools update "3.0 beta 2", don't boot it through homebrew channel. It doesn't work. You need to setup menuhax and ctrboot manager and have rxtools boot from it.

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I have to use the new rx tools 3.0 to update my emuNAND to 10.6 on my O3DS or can I still use rx tools 2.6?

Floatzel_trainer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
If you have any NAND backups I would restore one and try updating from there. 10.6 is out now so you'll have to update to that.
About that, the nand you say is the backup from sysnand, or a backup from a random emunand I should have made before?
I tried installing rx nightly, with no results.

Giantblargg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
About that, the nand you say is the backup from sysnand, or a backup from a random emunand I should have made before?
I tried installing rx nightly, with no results.

It's a good idea to make backups of your emuNAND before you try to update. That way if something goes wrong (like now) you'll have one. If you don't have one you might be able to use the sysNAND backup depending on some things.

When have you formatted your NANDs in relation to when you first set up emuNAND and making your sysNAND backup?

Last edited by Giantblargg,

Floatzel_trainer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It's a good idea to make backups of your emuNAND before you try to update. That way if something goes wrong (like now) you'll have one. If you don't have one you might be able to use the sysNAND backup depending on some things.

When have you formatted your NANDs in relation to when you first set up emuNAND and making your sysNAND backup?
Txs for the advice, but I ended up reinstalling the backup of the sysnand, and reinstalled rxtools from scratch.

I've lost my sav data tho, but never mind...

I'll make a backup of my emunand right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol