Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I just got into coding GUI in Dev-C++, I am learning from the example GUI CreateWindow functions, but they all have the ugly windows classic themes, how do I make sure that the GUI uses the Vista or 7 theme if it is available?

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
DeltaBurnt said:
Upgrade to Visual C++ 2010?
frown.gif
That's such a pain in the booty.

Wait, I don't understand why Dev-C++ would compile the program with classic theme? Isn't there a way to make it compatible with your current theme? In the end, it's still C++.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
use java... it is very similar to C++ and automatically uses the default theme on the machine no matter what it is. You can make a program and have the same one look like win 7 on win 7, vista on vista, and OSX on OSX, etc, etc.

You could also look at using a cross platform IDE like code::blocks that uses wxWidgets. The also appears to be an updated version of dev-C++ called wxDev-C++ that uses wxwidgets to make a GUI, that should be more compatible.

stay away from visual studio if you can, that is one ugly walled garden.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
UltraMagnus said:
use java... it is very similar to C++ and automatically uses the default theme on the machine no matter what it is. You can make a program and have the same one look like win 7 on win 7, vista on vista, and OSX on OSX, etc, etc
this advice made me cry
c++ > java
and java progs all look ugly as sin :'(

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Westside said:
I'm starting a new project in Visual C#. Man is it complex!!! Anyone have a book similar to "Learning C++ in 24 and a half hours while driving to work" for Visual C#?

I would use the internet for learning C#, or just find a decent book. Since C# isn't as popular as C++ there won't be as many books for it.

Also, is that book for C++ you mentioned good? I need a good book to teach me more C++.

QUOTE(tenshinoneko @ Apr 29 2010, 05:01 PM) You can get C++ 2010 for free. They made it available for students 2 weeks ago

Yah, college students
frown.gif

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
DeltaBurnt said:
Westside said:
I'm starting a new project in Visual C#. Man is it complex!!! Anyone have a book similar to "Learning C++ in 24 and a half hours while driving to work" for Visual C#?

I would use the internet for learning C#, or just find a decent book. Since C# isn't as popular as C++ there won't be as many books for it.

Also, is that book for C++ you mentioned good? I need a good book to teach me more C++.

QUOTE(tenshinoneko @ Apr 29 2010, 05:01 PM) You can get C++ 2010 for free. They made it available for students 2 weeks ago

Yah, college students
frown.gif
Lol, that book title for C++ was a joke, but I DO know that most good C++ books come from deitel.

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
well C# coding is similiar to VB (if you make from GUI).
But, the differences is when you create *.c file (C# & C++ can; but VB no)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap