Hacking Buying Wode modchip

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had my wii softmodded for a while now and until recently have never felt the need to buy a modchip. That is until I saw wode. I read it can play gc iso's which is a huge for me since I've always wanted to do that. So here are my questions:

For those who have it, is the gc loading from usb good?

With no hard modding experience, could I install it with a guide, or is it too risky for me to try without damaging my wii?

Does it interfere with my other soft mod features such as priiloader, usb loaders, start patch etc?

wadzinsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The WODE is a (W)ii (O)ptical (D)rive (E)mulator. Yes, USB loading of GC games will be awesome. The WODE does nothing to the main system except emulate the Wii's DVD drive. So USB loading has nothing to do with the Wii system. The WODE basically tricks the system into thinking a Wii or GC disc has been inserted and then the Wii functions appropriately.

As far as installation --- well, if you have basic knowledge of disassembly and re-assembly, and are able to follow this instructions, you SHOULD be fine. There is no soldering involved so it should be fairly simple.

WODE will have no effect on your softmod, however, if you use a USB loader on your softmod, you will have to plug your USB device into the Wii itself if you want to use the softmoded USB loader, and into the WODE if you want to use the WODE. Or have 2 hard drives with your games on them so you can easily just use either one without switching wires (But that would be a little ridiculous)

The only downfall to the WODE so far is that you can't choose your games from the system menu, but rather using a little joystick on the WODE device. But games like Metroid Prime Trilogy and other fickle games that don't work well with softmods will work flawlessly on the WODE. Newer games like NSMB that use the BCA protection will have to have the BCA data inserted into the ISO image for the WODE to run them (as with softmods) but that's about it.

Did I cover everything? Any other questions?

ColdAshes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you wanted to load gc games you could have just used gcloader (i forget the name) but all you have to do is burn the gc games on a disc an then put them in the wii.

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wadzinsky said:
The WODE is a (W)ii (O)ptical (D)rive (E)mulator. Yes, USB loading of GC games will be awesome. The WODE does nothing to the main system except emulate the Wii's DVD drive. So USB loading has nothing to do with the Wii system. The WODE basically tricks the system into thinking a Wii or GC disc has been inserted and then the Wii functions appropriately.

As far as installation --- well, if you have basic knowledge of disassembly and re-assembly, and are able to follow this instructions, you SHOULD be fine. There is no soldering involved so it should be fairly simple.

WODE will have no effect on your softmod, however, if you use a USB loader on your softmod, you will have to plug your USB device into the Wii itself if you want to use the softmoded USB loader, and into the WODE if you want to use the WODE. Or have 2 hard drives with your games on them so you can easily just use either one without switching wires (But that would be a little ridiculous)

The only downfall to the WODE so far is that you can't choose your games from the system menu, but rather using a little joystick on the WODE device. But games like Metroid Prime Trilogy and other fickle games that don't work well with softmods will work flawlessly on the WODE. Newer games like NSMB that use the BCA protection will have to have the BCA data inserted into the ISO image for the WODE to run them (as with softmods) but that's about it.

Did I cover everything? Any other questions?

Nope, that about sums everything I was curious about. I think I'll buy it when I reach the states in march, so thanks a lot for answering my questions.

robiul said:
I can't believe you got the wode, that means you have to get up everytime you want to switch games.

My wii is close enough to my tv where it isn't that bad. Plus I'm not a lazy ass.

QUOTE(ColdAshes @ Jan 11 2010, 01:16 AM)
If you wanted to load gc games you could have just used gcloader (i forget the name) but all you have to do is burn the gc games on a disc an then put them in the wii.

Yeah, but why trouble myself with breaking, burning, and buying discs when I could simply just have my games all in one place and play them flawlessly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1