1. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    Okay, did you format your SD card with guiformat according to the wiiu.hacks.guide ? Super Mario 3D world should be 1,66GBs. The eur version should have this number at the end of the folder - it is the TitleID: 0005000010145D00
    The American TitleID is this: 0005000010145c00

Youser and alexander1970 like this.
  2. Youser

OP Youser GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Which SD card? The one I use to install the games with? I’m sure I did but I’ll have a look at the guide again.
    I have a micro SD in a USB adapter which I’m using to install the games on. That was formatted by the console.

I’ll have a look at the game again to confirm but I’m pretty sure it was around 1.6GB

3. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    Okay. Yeah, the one you use to install games. Make sure to copy stuff before formating the card.

4. Youser

United Kingdom
    Formatted (quick format) using GUIformat and re installed Mario 3D World. Still having the same problem :cry:

5. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    How much
    How much space do you have left on the SD card plugged into the usb adapter (The one you're installing to)?

6. Youser

United Kingdom
    It’s 128GB, doubt I’ve used more than 20GB.

I get the first screen of the game and then the black screen with the error message.

7. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    So you mean the first screen when it is loading right after you start it from the wii u menu or when the game shows you what controllers you can use etc.?

Usually I would think this problem comes from using a hdd that doesn't get enough power from the usb ports, but since you're using an SD card in a usb sd card adapter I don't really understand why. Maybe the sd card or the usb adapter is too slow? I take it the adapter is usb 2.0 or even 3.0?

Last edited by Zense, Mar 26, 2020 at 1:41 AM
  8. Youser

United Kingdom
    The first image that is shown after you load the game from the home screen is all I get to see. The adapter is 2.0.

9. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    I take it you're using wup installer gx2, which should be good, but you could try using wup installer y mod (the one it is based off) to install it. If this doesn't work then you might wanna try using an hdd just to see if the game gets installed there. Do note that an hdd most likely needs a y cable to get the extra power from one of the usb ports. Do you have anything else plugged into the usb ports? Have you tried moving the adapter to different ones (while it's powered off naturally)?

Youser likes this.
  10. Youser

United Kingdom
    I tried two things at the same time so not 100% sure which one solved the problem. Mario 3D World is now working.

I reinstalled the game using the Wup Installer Y Mod.

Then I noticed that I had these updates downloading in the background which I assume would have a negative impact on the game loading as they were being downloaded straight to the mciro SD card I was loading the game off. Turned the downloads off and loaded the game and it worked fine.

Tried loading Splatoon next and got the same error.

Guess I’ll reinstall everything again using the Y Mod

Zense likes this.
  11. Zense

Zense GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    Huh, might be that Y Mod is better if you use SD card in usb adapter. I have no clue. I had your same setup before I switched to an HDD and that's probably when I started using GX2 as well. Glad you figured it out!

12. Youser

United Kingdom
    Well I’m hoping that’s the solution to my problem. Will have to test and see. Thanks for all your help

Zense likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Buying,