Buying used PSP 1000, need help hacking it

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by nordini, Oct 5, 2009.

Oct 5, 2009
  1. nordini
    OP

Newcomer nordini Member

United States
    Alright, basically, i want to be able to play ISOs on my PSP so i don't have to buy my games. I don't own a PSP yet, but im going to buy a used one at gamestop tomorrow. A couple questions:

1. Can all PSP 1000s be hacked to play ISOs WITHOUT a pandora's battery? I don't want to hardmod anything and i dont have a 2nd psp to do a softmod for the pandora's.

2. If not, then do i need to make sure the PSP i buy is on a special firmware so that it IS hackable without pandora's?

3. Could someone provide links to the things i need to hack my psp 1000 to play ISOs on it? I think i need chickhen or something like that?

2. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    First, upgrade the PSP's firmware to 5.03, NO HIGHER.
    Once you have that, just follow this guide.

3. IchigoK2031

Member IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

United States
    You don't need a pandora, use cfw enabler, then use hellcats recovery to install firmware, done.

4. Fun_Zephyr

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Just so you are aware Pandora battery method is not a hard Mod. You are simply using a pandora battery along with a Magic Memory Stick to install the CFW. Once installed then you remove the MMS and Pandora Battery, place in the original battery and away you go. Channge settings etc if you need to. I always change the one that makes it so you do not nee to have a UMB in.

I like the Pandora method. Means if things go wrong it is more eaily fixed - not that I have had anythign go wrong with the Pandora method yet. I always liek to have a pandora battery spare just in case it is required, for whatever reason, though there are ways to make one via software with a regular psp battery as well but I prefer to leave my Pandora as a Pandora.

Your choice on how you upgrade but thougth you should know [​IMG]

5. nordini
    OP

Newcomer nordini Member

United States
    So i just need to make sure the PSP 1000 i buy isnt on a firmware higher than 5.03 when i buy it?

6. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    If you don't have a Pandora battery, then yeah. However, if you can get a Pandora battery, it doesn't matter what firmware you have.

7. nordini
    OP

Newcomer nordini Member

United States
    Don't have one, and can't get one. I can't use online for this purchase, and THAT is why i need a method without pandora. Because the only option using pandora without purchasing something online is to make your own pandora, which is a hardmod which i cannot do also.

So i need to buy a psp 1000 with 5.03 firmware or lower, and a memory stick. then im set.

8. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    well im not sure about you but at this local market we have on wednesdays, theres this stall that does psp mods and other mods but the psp mods are like that they install a chip into ANY PSP any FW and it can play Iso and shit and its only 50 bucks. thats why if i get a psp im going to get it chipped there.

EDIT: wow i just realised you were in the same situation im in, i cant buy anything online and im planing to buy a second hand 1000 series off my brother maybe :\

9. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    $50 vs free [​IMG] ... I thought there was only 1 psp modchip that is inferior to cfw and only worked on 1000s.

10. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    well the guy at the stall guranteed that any psp i brought in would be hackable and he had a free lifetime gurantee on all his mods. I gtta ask if i can still update the OFW if i get it chipped by him cos i only really want it chipped for Iso and maybe some Homebrew [​IMG]

11. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Your better off OFW, as your "Warranty" is exactly ruined. Also, the chip is CRAP lol. To be honest, if you're only wanting a PSP so you can pirate games, that is messed up. You need to buy games too, or else no new games will come out. If you're considering just using ISO, make sure you pick up a game every so often.

Wynd

12. nico445

Member nico445 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    paying 50$ dollar is crazy. a pandora is like 4 dollar and there isn't a chip he just flashes them and thats it it takes him about 2 minutes to do.