Buying used Killzone issues??

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by MMMMMike, Jan 8, 2014.

1. MMMMMike
    OP

MMMMMike Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2005
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    Welcome me back. :) The GBATemp community has been quite helpful in guiding me through the tribulations of owning a new console over the past 9 years. And now I have a Vita.

For me, it's all about the hardware. The second stick should have been on the original PSP. So, I jumped in and got one.

So, are there any issues with buying a used version of Killzone. Could it have been banned from servers or anything?
    Any worries buying used Vita games in general?

For now, I'm enjoying the freebies the PS+ account offers, Sonic racer, Urban Trial Freestyle and Strangers Wrath.

2. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    I think it comes with an online pass. I could be wrong though.

3. CrimzonEyed

CrimzonEyed GBAtemp Addict

Sep 3, 2007
    Google'd real quick and seems the game does not use online pass.

So everything should be fine with buying it used.
    If you want to delete the saved game you can do so by "delete" the game on the vita via the bubble icon. This will delete the save file. (I also think you need to remove and insert the game after but not sure.

4. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Only the JPN version has an online pass.
    Great game imo, one of the best of 2013. Shame it didn't sell very well.

5. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    KillZone is easily one of the best PSVita games and one of the best portable shooters of all time. I've got the European version on-cartridge and it doesn't have an Online Pass - I'm assuming that's also the case in North America, as others have mentioned. What I can recommend to you though is update, update, update and prepare space for that - most popular Multiplayer PSVita games are often patched and you'll need the most current version of the game to log on PSN with it. It's a hassle, but it keeps the matches fair. ;)

6. MMMMMike
    OP

MMMMMike Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2005
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks for all the insight folks, it's appreciated.

7. MMMMMike
    OP

MMMMMike Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2005
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    After much deliberation, I bought Killzone at full retail.

I'm a very frugal person. Killzone, in Canada, retails for generally $39.99. I could buy it used for $20, plus $10 gas and a couple hours travel time.
    That's pretty good savings, about $15 (after tax). That's enough for another game I thought, or a case, or whatever.

But, after some soul searching, I decided to buy retail. I want to send my support to Sony, to the game developers and to the Vita owning community. I'm okay being one drop in which will hopefully be a growing bucket. I hope the extra $15 I send will encourage growth in games and development for this glorious hardware they've created. Viva la Vita.

Anyhow, I got it my hot little hands now. Muhahaha
    Let the mayhem commence.