Hacking Buying new Flash cart questions

joshwaan2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys

It's been a while since I've been on the forum, lots of progression with the flash carts I see
smile.gif

I'm looking at buying another M3 adapter cart.

I want to be able to play GBA,NDS and store heaps of them on a card.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/8-GB-PNY-SD-Secure-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Would this card work good with the M3 Slim SD + PassCard 3 Combo?

Cheers

Josh

joshwaan2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Also I found a MK5 16Gbit card 2GB from one of my local suppliers for 55AU.

Are these cards any good with NDS roms?

Cheers

josh

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Before buying that card, check to see if your M3 is compatible with SDHC. I dont think that they are, but I could be wrong. I also have an M3 Mini, but have never tested with an SDHC.

joshwaan2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys np, I just seen the 8GB and thougt wow that be great.

The M3 DS Simply are they a good cart?

I can pick one up for $38 from bamboo gaming.

Cheers

josh

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The MK5 is the best card fot ds roms. It has 100% compatibility with every ds rom.It is a clone of the ultra flash pass ex. Chech out the gbatemp review, Its nice because you dont have to worry about the type of sd card or about losing the sd.
Btw, im posting this from the dsorganize web browser on my ultra flash pass ex.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The MK5 is the best card fot ds roms. It has 100% compatibility with every ds rom.It is a clone of the ultra flash pass ex. Chech out the gbatemp review, Its nice because you dont have to worry about the type of sd card or about losing the sd.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah - but then you're limited to the space you're given, and you can't just buy more space. I'd much rather have some games on one microSD card, and some games on another and use them interchangeably.

edit: Way to quadruple post, dude.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember reading somewhere a while ago that 2GB cards may still freeze while the 1GB cards won't. Is that true?

If you're comparing the Toshiba/Kingston (made in Japan) cards, the 2GB ones freeze in PoR (for the R4/M3S/CycloDS Evo), while the 1GB either do not, or it's so rare that nobody has ever come across it.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember reading somewhere a while ago that 2GB cards may still freeze while the 1GB cards won't. Is that true?

If you're comparing the Toshiba/Kingston (made in Japan) cards, the 2GB ones freeze in PoR (for the R4/M3S/CycloDS Evo), while the 1GB either do not, or it's so rare that nobody has ever come across it.

1GB Sandisk in M3 Lite freezes PoR for me. All the godamnit time. Thats why I'm buying a G6 Real. But for expandable storage I would say the R4 or the M3 Simply. They are essentially both exactly the same and are the two most popular cards at the mo. If you can wait a bit then I would recommend buying the 16Gbit G6 Real because thats 2GB worth of storage (massive) plus no chance of slowdown at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves