Hacking Buying my first Wii u soon

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taxes will be in soon. Anything I should know or look out for . is there a firmware that's not exploitable. Vwii/wiiu
I have a bunch of modded wiis. So I know what I'm doing there is hacking the vwii the same as owii. And can ido anything cool. On the Wii u side yet.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taxes will be in soon. Anything I should know or look out for . is there a firmware that's not exploitable. Vwii/wiiu
I have a bunch of modded wiis. So I know what I'm doing there is hacking the vwii the same as owii. And can ido anything cool. On the Wii u side yet.
Firmwares 5.3.2 and 5.4.0 are the current sweet spot for kernel exploits, but supposedly IOSU is exploitable up to latest, so if you're willing to wait a bit any Wii U will do

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Get a Console with an old FW, 5.4.0 and 5.3.2 are the best options, get a 5.3.2 one if you can, and don't update it.
When you connect the console to the internet, write the Password wrong, change the DNS to Manual and put the TubeHax DNS, and then put the Password of your Internet Conection correctly.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Why open a thread saying I'm buying my first WiiU soon?. I think people would think I'm a bit of a tool if I opened a thread saying I'm buying my first training bra!!! also the wiiu thread is full of what can be done and if your in the know about Wii hacking already, then why???
sm7_facepalm.gif

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: Kafluke

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the above I was not aware of vwii being different

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Reecey I made this post so I'm ready when I get one. Wii and Wii u are different scenes. I check the wiiu section randomly some times just to see what's up but I don't fallow it. I was at work on break when I started this

I'm going to try and get a Zelda one. If I get it used hopefully the firmware is low

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad you learned that now and not the hard way lol
I'm going to try and get a Zelda one. If I get it used hopefully the firmware is low
There ARE no new Zelda bundles, so you're guaranteed to get something like either version 3.1.0 or version 4.1.0 (can't remember which one mine was on when I got it)

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country

Reecey I made this post so I'm ready when I get one. Wii and Wii u are different scenes. I check the wiiu section randomly some times just to see what's up but I don't fallow it. I was at work on break when I started this

Sorry about that it was a tad bit harsh, probably had one too many last night! yes, just ignore that one but look if your going to buy one see if you can grab one on Firmware 5.3.2 also if you check ebay out make sure you ask the seller it still has the red Tvii icon present on the home menu cause I'm sure there are many out there trying to scam that one, claiming its been spoofed to FW5.5.1!

Last edited by Reecey,

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Stop spoonfeeding OP

OP read the stickies.
Yeah I do agree everything is in the stickies that's what I was originally on about but I was just saying what I said because I thought it was probably a step to far in my first comment going on about the training bra!

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about that it was a tad bit harsh

Stop spoonfeeding OP
OP read the stickies.

Yeah I do agree everything is in the stickies that's what I was originally on about but I was just saying what I said because I thought it was probably a step to far in my first comment going on about the training bra!

Nothing's too far with this OP, he doesn't read stickies, or search the site for anything he wants to know. He infected the 3DS threads last year with the same kind of crap, now that he's bleeding over here I think I will just ignore him again.

Reactions: Reecey

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What better things do we have to do since we are waiting for a 5.5.0 exploit....if someone posts a thread asking a "noob" question, just answer it....not like anything else big is going on right now since we are just waiting on the 5.5.0 exploit....

OP...if you wind up getting a Wii U less than 5.3.2, rent Splatoon to get the 5.3.2 update. You don't have to buy a game just to get to the exploitable firmware...if you have a friend with a 5.3.2 game (I know Splatoon is one, i can't remember the rest of them off the top of my head), then thats even better, take your Wii U there or borrow the game if they are willing to loan it out. I wouldn't want to pay $40 or so just to update my Wii U to 5.3.2 knowing that there is an exploit coming out in the next month or so...that is unless one of the 5.3.2 games was a game you were wanting anyway. If you have a used game store near by (local own store, not a major franchise like GameStop), they may let you use one of their used copies to update with Splatoon. Or you can always spend like $20 for a month of GameFly...at least then you will have a chance to check out a few Wii U games while waiting on an exploit.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't tell the OP that the IOSU exploit will fix everything. That's what's got us in this mess.

OP, get a 5.3.2 or 5.4 Wii U. Don't update, read the stickies, and stay away from shitposting about the much anticipated and seldom seen IOSU exploit. I wouldn't count on it. Get what works now and don't listen to the people telling you that you soon will be able to do everything with 5.5.1. They've been singing the same tune since December (remember the "Christmas present" promise). Don't hang your hopes on promises. Instead go for what is currently working today, your'e question has been asked multiple times and answered multiple times. If you had read the stickies then you wouldn't even be asking us. That's what makes people on here testy. Just read the stickies dude. It's all there.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, don't tell the OP to Wait for the IOSU exploit, it can be released today, tomorrow, next week, may, December, 2018, we don't quite know when, so, just grab a 5.3.2, stick to the stickies, don't update, block updates and you are all set.

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may be in the stickies which I do read some quicker hen others so I may miss something but it's much easier and less time consuming to just ask here. Plus there's a lot of old guides that haven't been updated andfif you haven't been here since he beginning alot of the guides don't make sense. And then most of the questions are asked in the coments of the guides. So to find a answer you have to read every single comment Which is unneccacry . if people stop posting questions the site would basicly die. I already naughtnthe 2 Wii us I mentioned so I'm not looking for anymore

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
It may be in the stickies which I do read some quicker hen others so I may miss something but it's much easier and less time consuming to just ask here. Plus there's a lot of old guides that haven't been updated andfif you haven't been here since he beginning alot of the guides don't make sense. And then most of the questions are asked in the coments of the guides. So to find a answer you have to read every single comment Which is unneccacry . if people stop posting questions the site would basicly die. I already naughtnthe 2 Wii us I mentioned so I'm not looking for anymore

No. Reading the stickies would be quicker than asking questions, since the stickies have an FAQ
The wii u guides are not old, and are up to date, as are the vwii guides. You obviously havent read them

You dont need to read everysingle comment, read the sticky threads and go away

Reactions: Maximilious

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: