Buying from Play-Asia (Canada)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Gunner, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Gunner
    OP

Gunner Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2003
    Canada
    I was going to buy a Hori DS Lite screen protector (filter) from Play-Asia, it costs roughly $10 CAD with shipping. The thing that I'm afraid of is the total amount of money I'd end up paying for it to reach me (in Canada). According to Play-Asia, there are import duties and taxes that might be added on through customs, so I might be paying an unexpected amount of money by the time I receive it. Had a friend who bought something from eBay and ended up paying +$120 on some $200 software junk. Any Canadians here who bought stuff (e.g. Hori screen protectors) from Play-Asia before? Was there any added extras on top of your item payment? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. hankchill

hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Nov 5, 2005
    Canada
    Outer Space
    I'm in Ontario, and I've bought from Play-Asia before.

The item I bought was $35, plus $20 shipping, and an extra $15 import fee on top of it because they declared it over $20. If it's declared at like $10, there won't be any import tax. All for a stupid Light Gun [​IMG]

Regards.

3. Gunner
    OP

Gunner Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2003
    Canada
    So, everything below $20 will not include the import tax?

4. hankchill

hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Nov 5, 2005
    Canada
    Outer Space
    That's right. You should confirm with them just to make sure that they declare it to be under that. To be safe, under $15 is your best path.

Regards.

5. dbgtdob

dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 14, 2007
    United States
    i know of some flash cart sites like kicktrading that lie about the package so they dont have it, lol when i ordered from kicktrading they put the item was worth $15 on it.

6. titoboy666

titoboy666 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2006
    Canada
    Ordered twice from them, always small packages, never payed any import taxes. Great service and fast shipping.