Buying from Play-Asia (Canada)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Gunner, Mar 12, 2007.

Mar 12, 2007

Buying from Play-Asia (Canada) by Gunner at 2:23 AM (2,488 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Gunner
    OP

Newcomer Gunner Member

Canada
    I was going to buy a Hori DS Lite screen protector (filter) from Play-Asia, it costs roughly $10 CAD with shipping. The thing that I'm afraid of is the total amount of money I'd end up paying for it to reach me (in Canada). According to Play-Asia, there are import duties and taxes that might be added on through customs, so I might be paying an unexpected amount of money by the time I receive it. Had a friend who bought something from eBay and ended up paying +$120 on some $200 software junk. Any Canadians here who bought stuff (e.g. Hori screen protectors) from Play-Asia before? Was there any added extras on top of your item payment? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    I'm in Ontario, and I've bought from Play-Asia before.

The item I bought was $35, plus $20 shipping, and an extra $15 import fee on top of it because they declared it over $20. If it's declared at like $10, there won't be any import tax. All for a stupid Light Gun [​IMG]

Regards.

3. Gunner
    OP

Newcomer Gunner Member

Canada
    So, everything below $20 will not include the import tax?

4. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    That's right. You should confirm with them just to make sure that they declare it to be under that. To be safe, under $15 is your best path.

Regards.

5. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i know of some flash cart sites like kicktrading that lie about the package so they dont have it, lol when i ordered from kicktrading they put the item was worth $15 on it.

6. titoboy666

Newcomer titoboy666 Advanced Member

Canada
    Ordered twice from them, always small packages, never payed any import taxes. Great service and fast shipping.