Hacking Question Buying a second Switch to hack my launch model Switch - A few questions

Kadji

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With the release of Smash Bros Ultimate coming closer and closer I am getting ready to buy a second Switch and to finaly "hack" my Launch Day Switch.

Since I have over 50 bought Games (all Digital) on my launch day Switch I wanted to save them, here is the plan I came up with:

1) Dump the whole NAND from my Launch Day Switch
2) Do a System Transfer from the old Switch to the new Switch
2a) To my understanding that should flag my new Switch as the main console.

Now here is the Part where I am not sure and need help from the community:

1) What "state" would my launch day Switch have after the System Transfer? I gues it gets flagged as the "guest" Console? Or no flag at all? Or is the Switch in a "clean" State (like I did a full System Format) after System Transfering everything?
2) What is the best way to get some of the bought games back on my launch day Switch? Writing the previously created NAND Dump to my launch day Switch and just going offline? Or creating installable .nsp Files from my NAND dump and installing them with Tinfoil?
2a) In the case of creating .nsp Files by myself: Does the .nsp creation tool rip out personal information or are they still included? Which tool is suggested for the job?
3) What should I do regarding Accounts on the Console? Create a new one and connect it with a Nintendo Network Account? Or just create one and stay offline "forever"?

TL:DR
I will soon buy a second Switch to hack my launch day one. Whats the best way to have my bought games on both Switches?

Grand-Master

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
1) Clean state my friend, I suggest you format everything after the system transfer to your new switch model.
2) Writing everything as original the same you left it and if you ever hacked it going offline is your best alternative but they're choices like Super LAN play if you want to play with someone with the old model
2a)Test this one I am not sure if it will work: https://gbatemp.net/threads/choidujournx-nsp.520594/page-2
3)Stay offline forever in the old model and in the new model I suggest create a new account
That's all I can think, hope it helps if not God bless you!

Last edited by Grand-Master,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.