Hardware Buying a second handed hacked switch how to test

MadysoN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
I wanted to buy a second handed hacked switch wanted to know what to look for and how to test it .

MadysoN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Actually its already hacked i don’t have any problem with serial number and stuff wanted to know what things should i consider testing on console

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually its already hacked i don’t have any problem with serial number and stuff wanted to know what things should i consider testing on console
I don't know what you mean be "testing on the console"; are you talking about Homebrew and games or physical hardware testing? Personally, I would check the following:

1) Firmware to see what games you can play (Ex: 4.x = no Smash Bros)

2) Are any of the efuses burnt, or have they been preserved? Also, is it running an emuNAND

3) Does the other person have a NAND backup(s)? I would still make my own ASAP, but if they made one before modifying the system, you have a 'clean' NAND copy to use with ChoiDujour in a worst-case scenario

4) Do they Joycons connect (if using your own) and do all the buttons work properly (if the deal includes them)? Do the analog sticks drift, are some buttons not as responsive as others, or do some buttons get stuck?

5) Does the system charge? Some people had third-party Switch docks that damaged the charging port, requiring repairs or 'alternative' charging methods

6) Do the power, volume +/-, game cartridge slot, and micro SD card slot work?

Reactions: MadysoN

GarnetSunset

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I use this for a switch that I have NISB, the page just says "Warning" for the serial which starts with XAW7001808xxxx purchased in July 2017.
Maybe he needs to add a legend on what the results mean.. even the About page doesn't have anything..
Warning means maybe. Like... that range has goods and bads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy