Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Does anyone know where I can find a red button sky 3ds for cheap(er than blue button)? I have a gateway, I only want it to put a few regions of Cubic Ninja on it. So I don't need the version that can play unlimited games. The people I got my Gateway from only sell the blue button, for $100 :-(

D

Deleted User

Unless I'm mistaken, isn't the Sky3DS region locked to the SD? So you would need multiple SD's for multiple regions?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Unless I'm mistaken, isn't the Sky3DS region locked to the SD? So you would need multiple SD's for multiple regions?
No, you can put any region rom on a Sky3DS, it just won't open on a wrong region 3DS. Well as far as I know from reading, I haven't actually owned one before.

Reactions: Gadorach

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, you can put any region rom on a Sky3DS, it just won't open on a wrong region 3DS. Well as far as I know from reading, I haven't actually owned one before.
This is correct, I owned a blue-button one (but lost it somehow) and it did, in fact, use any ROM given to it. It just wouldn't run on an out-of region 3DS.

As for whether or not you can find a red-button model, it would be the same price no matter what. The blue-button models are more stable as well. No reason to buy a red-button model when the blue-button model is a distinct upgrade from it.

Reactions: Quantumcat

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you bought a Gateway, then why don't you use that? Boot Gateway SysNAND Mode and load your CN. I think it'd be cheaper than buying another flashcard.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
yes ,bro ,i have buying from them ,very good legit seller, very very good !!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

no matter where you are ,they all can send ,as i have buying a lot ..
With the exchange rate plus the huge shipping costs that the U.S. always seems to have, it will cost more than just buying the local one (not to mention the risk that it could be a scam website versus one I have already dealt with, so know and trust). That's what I meant.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is correct, I owned a blue-button one (but lost it somehow) and it did, in fact, use any ROM given to it. It just wouldn't run on an out-of region 3DS.

As for whether or not you can find a red-button model, it would be the same price no matter what. The blue-button models are more stable as well. No reason to buy a red-button model when the blue-button model is a distinct upgrade from it.
OK thanks. If it would be the same price no matter what I guess I'll just get a blue button. At least when I get sick of tinkering around with Nintendo stuff it will be a lot more sellable.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you bought a Gateway, then why don't you use that? Boot Gateway SysNAND Mode and load your CN. I think it'd be cheaper than buying another flashcard.
Gateway loads 9.5 FIRM on use, so unless you want to play Cubic Ninja (last I checked, nobody does) it won't get you anywhere.

Reactions: pastaconsumer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Software update might improve it.