Hardware Buying a PSP Go tomorrow. Halp meh

Shabutie78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i'm tired of my DSi XL's build quality being far superior to that of my shitty PSP2000 (the plastic housing is weak/squeaky, scratches/chips all over, buttons are mushy, and screen looks like shit with dead pixels all over it). i'm getting a 'go' tomorrow, and i can't find anything on the date codes.

what do i need to check for on the box to know it has 6.35 or lower? how old does it have to be to still come with 6.35? what are the chances of Gos coming with 6.37+?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
It will be 5.37 or something like that. It will be below 6.00 for sure. Don't worry about it.

Edit: To further elaborate; Sony only ever made one run of PSP Go models. They never changed the firmware once before production ceased. Every PSP Go you can buy will have the exact same OFW that the Go had a month ago, two months ago, three months ago, etc.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Snailface said:
Just make sure it's new and it'll be firmware 5.70.

There we go. I knew it was somewhere under 6.00. That's all that's really important at this point with so much CFW and HEN and such so readily available.

Go new for sure, or check the firmware of the used before purchase.

Shabutie78

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's a relief. thank you both
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay