Buying a PS3 on 3.41 or lower

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by elmoreas, Oct 6, 2010.

1. elmoreas
    OP

elmoreas GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2009
    United States
    I went to BB and all they had left were the old 250's which I cannot afford ATM, the New 320's w/move stuff, and moderate aged 160's w/move ads on them. I know the moves will be 3.42+ so they are a no go, and the 250's are too much, but my question is what about the 160? I was wanting a 120 to be safe. But they are all gone. Does anyone know if 160's w/move ads (ads only) are

2. Zetta_x

Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    I believe the moves were produced and shipped out at

3. No Name Trowa Barton

No Name Trowa Barton Namaiki iun-ja naiyoâ„¢

Oct 24, 2002
    United States
    the whole world is in my hands.
    ill actually be wanting to buy a japanese ps3 here soon i dont care if its higher then 3.41 as the PSN is really amazing.

4. elmoreas
    OP

elmoreas GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2009
    United States
    I don't have wifi, and the TV is over 3 rooms away so PSN isn't an option.

Edit: P.S. I dont want it for bkup mgr I want it for HB stuff so I can install cfw and get back other o/s ie Linux

5. Zetta_x

Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

Mar 4, 2010
    United States
    What I did was bought a PS3 and replaced the harddrive with this one(so paying $70+ for a PS3 with only a bigger harddrive is not worth it at all) :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822136314

Which is apparently $10 off (almost like free shipping). The harddrive is working excellent! One time booting up with PSgroove 1.1 the playstation was acting sluggish, but I highly doubt it was the harddrive causing the problem. I think my TI calculator failed to finish PSgroove (there was an update to the TI exploit a couple days ago and is easy to add hermes v3 and the official groove 1.1 payloads so this problem may not happen again)

*Also, if you were to buy a PS3 at a retail store, you can return it if it has >3.41 and try a different store which may not have new stock of PS3's.

Edit:

You wouldn't necessarily need a bigger harddrive for back up manager. I have ran into 4 games that install around 4.5 GB worth of information the PS3 harddrive for initial set-up. While this data can easily be deleted, it would require re-installation of data to play the game again. That option is always available [​IMG]

6. fogbank

fogbank GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2008
    United States

7. Edster

Edster GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2006
    United States

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice