Buying a PS3 on 3.41 or lower

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by elmoreas, Oct 6, 2010.

Oct 6, 2010

Buying a PS3 on 3.41 or lower by elmoreas at 7:37 PM (1,088 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. elmoreas
    OP

Member elmoreas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I went to BB and all they had left were the old 250's which I cannot afford ATM, the New 320's w/move stuff, and moderate aged 160's w/move ads on them. I know the moves will be 3.42+ so they are a no go, and the 250's are too much, but my question is what about the 160? I was wanting a 120 to be safe. But they are all gone. Does anyone know if 160's w/move ads (ads only) are

2. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    I believe the moves were produced and shipped out at

3. No Name Trowa Barton

Member No Name Trowa Barton Namaiki iun-ja naiyoâ„¢

United States
    ill actually be wanting to buy a japanese ps3 here soon i dont care if its higher then 3.41 as the PSN is really amazing.

4. elmoreas
    OP

Member elmoreas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't have wifi, and the TV is over 3 rooms away so PSN isn't an option.

Edit: P.S. I dont want it for bkup mgr I want it for HB stuff so I can install cfw and get back other o/s ie Linux

5. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    What I did was bought a PS3 and replaced the harddrive with this one(so paying $70+ for a PS3 with only a bigger harddrive is not worth it at all) :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822136314

Which is apparently $10 off (almost like free shipping). The harddrive is working excellent! One time booting up with PSgroove 1.1 the playstation was acting sluggish, but I highly doubt it was the harddrive causing the problem. I think my TI calculator failed to finish PSgroove (there was an update to the TI exploit a couple days ago and is easy to add hermes v3 and the official groove 1.1 payloads so this problem may not happen again)

*Also, if you were to buy a PS3 at a retail store, you can return it if it has >3.41 and try a different store which may not have new stock of PS3's.

Edit:

You wouldn't necessarily need a bigger harddrive for back up manager. I have ran into 4 games that install around 4.5 GB worth of information the PS3 harddrive for initial set-up. While this data can easily be deleted, it would require re-installation of data to play the game again. That option is always available [​IMG]

6. fogbank

Member fogbank GBAtemp Fan

United States

7. Edster

Member Edster GBAtemp Regular

United States