Hacking Buying a flashcart

LanceI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hello. I'm going to buy a new 3DS console, and I have experience with lots of DS consoles before (I had DS phay, Lite and DSi), and I used flashcarts for all them.
Now, that I'm getting a new DS, I'm thinking about getting a new flashcart too. But then I heard that Nintendo might make my DS not to boot up anymore, and I'm really scared of it.
So, should I get a flashcart? Is it safe? And if so, which flashcart is the best?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I'm going to buy a new 3DS console, and I have experience with lots of DS consoles before (I had DS phay, Lite and DSi), and I used flashcarts for all them.
Now, that I'm getting a new DS, I'm thinking about getting a new flashcart too. But then I heard that Nintendo might make my DS not to boot up anymore, and I'm really scared of it.
So, should I get a flashcart? Is it safe? And if so, which flashcart is the best?

It is safe as long as you don't get a crappy clone, some of which have caused hardware damage to DSes in the past. If you have the money, I would go with the DSTwo. Even if you don't use the GBA and SNES emulators (which are decent though not full speed without frameskip, comparable to a Dingoo 320) the in game text reader and save state support are very nice to have. Oh, and DOS games run at the speed of a 40MHz 386 on the DSTwo version of DSx86. Not to mention that you can actually update the DSTwo firmware even if you have already updated your 3DS system and it won't boot (basically, you rename the update file and leave it at the "an error has occurred" screen for 5 minutes).

LanceI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
http://gbatemp.net/t...bricking-rumor/

You can choose a flashcard from this list here. The best would be either the AK2i if you only want DS games or the DSTwo if you want GBA+SNES emulation.
The problem is I'm not living in US or UK. So does it still illegal to brick my console?
And is there a flashcart that can run 3DS games?

nl255 - "Not to mention that you can actually update the DSTwo firmware even if you have already updated your 3DS system and it won't boot".
How can I still play if the 3DS doesn't boot?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

You can choose a flashcard from this list here. The best would be either the AK2i if you only want DS games or the DSTwo if you want GBA+SNES emulation.
The problem is I'm not living in US or UK. So does it still illegal to brick my console?

nl255 - "Not to mention that you can actually update the DSTwo firmware even if you have already updated your 3DS system and it won't boot".
It's not that's it's illegal to brick your 3DS (although it might be), but that Nintendo has nothing to gain from doing so.

And the "won't boot" part was referring to the 3DS firmware being updated past the DSTwo's installed bootloader, so the DSTwo won't boot.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country

It's not that's it's illegal to brick your 3DS (although it might be), but that Nintendo has nothing to gain from doing so.

And the "won't boot" part was referring to the 3DS firmware being updated past the DSTwo's installed bootloader, so the DSTwo won't boot.

Yes they would. People would go out and buy 3ds's to replace the bricked ones, assuming they would want to.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
AK2i is the DSi flashcart, isn't it? Because I have one for my DSi, so will it work on the 3DS too?
Yeah, if it's updated to the latest firmware it will work. see www.acekard.com/download.php for the latest update.

Also, most DSi flashcards work with the 3DS.

LanceI

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland

Yes they would. People would go out and buy 3ds's to replace the bricked ones, assuming they would want to.
Do you know someone who had his 3DS bricked?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Not a single person has ever had their 3DS bricked because of flash cards. Don't even worry about it.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for the flashcard, yeah AceKard 2i is the way to go for cheapest and most efficient. The DSTwo has alot more toys and power under the hood for GBA emulation and other things.

Now if you can get your hands on an R4 that has 3DS compaiblitly, those are the cheapest, but they have the least amount of features and are hard to find legit ones.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country

You didn't ask If I knew someone who had there 3ds bricked. I was stating why nintendo would benefit IF they did brick 3ds consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*