Hardware Buy refurbished 1/2k or new 3k?

wildthing202

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking at getting my first PSP and I was wondering if I'm better off going with a refurbished 1k/2k from gamestop or just get a new 3000. I want to use it to play some PSX & GBA games but I wasn't sure if the 3000 would be worth getting incase I some how had bricked the system which you can't unbrick from reading the faq. I saw on wikipedia that the firmware on the PSP hasn't passed 6.60, so does that mean it should be safe to buy a new 3k for modding or am I better off trying to get my hands on an used 1/2k for the fact that it's easier to set it up for a potential downgrade though it doesn't sound necessary?

Also is this any good for the PSP? I keep reading stuff but I get confused with all of this grade talk so I'm not sure if this adapter was a good one.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Really at this point it depends on personal preference. If I were you I'd go for a 3000 and just be rather careful when putting CFW on it.

As for the memory stick, it'd work just fine but make sure you don't switch the slot of the 2 Micro SD cards when you put stuff on it else you'll have to format it and do it again.

-K1-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I got a used 3k off ebay recently as the same price as the refurbished one from gamestop but it came with a bit more, should be getting it within the week. The system shouldn't matter unless you want to downgrade the firmware for some reason. 6.60 should be able to have CFW but it won't be permanent compared to 6.20

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches