Buy a New 3DS (non-XL) replacement battery in EU?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by tpax, Aug 5, 2018.

1. tpax
    OP

tpax GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Hello friends!

The battery in my regular New 3DS went to shit, so I would love to get a replacement. The problem is, it looks like an impossible task to get a battery for the non-XL model here in the EU (Germany).

There are tons of batteries for the New 3DS XL on Amazon, but non for the regular one. The one I need has the model number KTR-003, what you can buy here is the CTR-003 which doesn't fit if I get it correctly.

Someone has an idea how I can get my hands on a proper battery? Maybe some Chinese vendor that may ship one? Or maybe some kind of replica that is compatible with the new 3DS?

The reason why I got the non-XL New 3DS is because it's so small and fits perfectly in my pocket. Now wearing a powerbank with me all the time destroys the whole idea of having a perfect portable gaming machine with you. So I hope someone give that supersecret special hint that will make my life better.

Best regards,
    m00h

2. Tigger

Tigger GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    You can contact nintedo by phone I think and order one from them, about £15 iirc

3. tpax
    OP

tpax GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Unfortunately, Nintendo EU doesn't sell them. The only thing you can do, is to send the 3DS as repair order, and let them replace the battery. I don't want to do this for obvious reasons.

gamecaptor likes this.
  4. Tigger

Tigger GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    tpax likes this.
  5. tpax
    OP

tpax GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2014
    Gambia, The