Hacking bushing leaves us with a new update on bootmii.

AlphaAxe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://hackmii.com/2009/04/updates/

It's good to see a good, clean, new post on the blog from bushing, instead of a rant or developer race from marcan.
rolleyes.gif

I'm glad that bootmii will continue in development. Many active watchers of the scene lost hope for the famed new hack that could possibly put the nail in Nintendo's coffin of future attempts of disabling homebrew.

It's a shame he still disables comments though.
unsure.gif
I don't understand why they do that. Heck he even mentioned a beta in his post, what if people want to request to test it?

Anyways...
What do you think of bootmii? I think that it's looking really nice so far, hopefully they can incorporate this design scheme into an update of the Homebrew Channel when it comes out.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they want anyone other than a selected group testing it in case of the chance of bricking even though it hasn't happened yet. Plus what I can gather from bushing's posts is when he wants to be open for discussion he is, but he also seems very tactful and seems like the kind of guy who doesn't want to waste time weeding through comments since marcan won't be screening anymore, if he could be devoting that time to testing and finishing the final stages of development.

If it gets us a stable build faster by cutting down with q & a, so be it. Let the questions happen once we have something to use.

I for one am really excited for its release, who knows with the capabilities he spoke of in thread correspondence as far as hardware access goes, we could get a nice fast compact distro of linux running with full access and even better, to apps such as a full speed mame emulator which the wii is HURTING for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ