Burnout Paradise Cagney Update

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by CheatingSoi, Aug 4, 2008.

Aug 4, 2008
  1. CheatingSoi
    OP

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    Well apparently the Cagney update for Burnout Paradise is supposed to be released today on 360. It's 1 am by me. Just wondering if anyone has any idea around what time it will be available. Nothing ever seems to happen until I, myself sleep and start a new day. I'm sure if I stayed up all night and all day tomorrow it simply wouldn't come out.

2. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Forgot what it adds. I went for the 360 version of this game myself.

3. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Yey.

I never play Burnout Paradise anymore but i just booted it up to get the update. I can't wait untill the next update - Bikes!

(I got the update perfectly fine)

4. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    Yeah I got it. It really changes things. Lots of little detail too. However, I thought you were going to get this big calander and told how to use it and it would say when and how you could unlock cars. Also you cant scroll threw the news list. It just goes on its own. Kinda annyoing. I want to know how to unlcok those 2 cars online. I heard you could by playing a road rage or something but it doesn't tell you in the game.

5. ackers

Member ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Yep Cagney rocks!! Been waiting for it forever and it's finally here! THANK YOU CRITERION.

CheatingSoi: the cars are only available in an online freeburn, not offline (yet). Go to a junkyard online and you'll see them at the end.

6. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    Yeah, but I heard on PS3 you get to keep them. Also what about that hippie van. Is it just a paint job?

Another question is why cant they have people fly off bikes or put people in cars? Motor Storm was rated Teen. wait is Burnout Paradise E? I'm on my Wii so dont want to backspace and cant check but if so then that explains it,

7. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Burnout was one of those in-between games that neither E or T really fit. Older ones were rated T, but they're now E10+.

8. jhoff80

Member jhoff80 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I really wanted to like Burnout Paradise, becuase I loved Burnout 3 and Revenge on my original Xbox. Also, I really do appreciate the fact that a company if giving away such high caliber updates for free just as a gift to the buyers of the game.

However....I've tolerated the whole free-roaming city thing, though I'm not a fan of it. I'm now over the fact that they totally ruined crash mode. But what I can't get is why make online so horribly unintuitive? Today is actually the first time I've attempted playing it online at all, so I can't really say what the update improves or makes worse. And okay, I could see how some people would want to drive around the city just randomly taking down friends. But uh, how the hell do you start a race, or marked man, or road rage online? There's no markers anywhere to do any events. And... even when I chose the race option, instead of Freeburn Online, it basically didn't do anything at all differently, so how exactly does the race start?

It really just makes no sense at all, the online options. Freeburn Online should be a secondary mode, not the main event.

9. laminaatplaat

Member laminaatplaat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Criterion is doing one hell of a good job with their support! Last game in the series i played alot was Burnout 2 that was pre EA era [​IMG] After that the game just went to much over the top for me... like the people at EA didnt want to be even a bit like the NFS series. ANYWAY when i go next gen or if it finaly comes to PC i will give this baby a spin.

ps: i even heared something about a planes update XD

10. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    Its not as bad as you think. You just have to get used to it. You just seem like a person who isnt interested in roaming around. You just want to get right into the action. All you have to do to start races and other events is through the easy drive menu. It's all right there. But you can only do so if you are the host.

11. ackers

Member ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Lol, the online experience is actually quite intuitive and ground breaking. Yes ground breaking. You could be going 200mph up a street, open the Easy-Drive menu and choose Create Match and bam you're all of a sudden online... still going at 200mph. No pauses or lobbies, it flows very well. Halo 3's online system is what I'd call horrible. That was very unintuitive and unuser friendly.

To access the modes it is pretty easy really. You just press Right on the D-Pad, choose Freeburn Online > Create Match. When you're hosting your own game choose Create Match to start a Race. To select the new events there needs to be at least one person in your room with you. When there is, you open the Easy-Drive menu, go to Events and select Marked Man, Road Rage or Stunt Run from there. Pretty simple if you ask me.

This game IMO shines brightest online. Much fun to be had.

12. test84

Member test84 GBAtemp's last ninja 2.

Iran
    Is this update free? how much megabyte is it?

13. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    FREE!!!! 380 megs [​IMG]

14. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    I looked for the update in Games in the marketplace but cant find it anywhere
    I would assume its DLC due to how large it is

15. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    I thought the update would run as soon as the game was turned on?

16. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    seems its was removed due to imcompatible with the bikes update
    though the Bikes DLC is said to have the updates of the Cagney DLC
    im just going by what has been said on other forums, aka: not confirmed

17. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    what are you on about? This topic is dicussing a update. Nothing to do with bikes.

18. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    this is concerning the Cagney update, it was removed from the marketplace
    you cant download it anymore

19. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Do you know why?, was it a beta release? or Microsoft realize that they were giving it for free?

20. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States