Hacking Updated My Hacked Switch

CaptainCrusher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Basically I had my switch hacked the other day using Atmosphere, ver 16.0.2, all was good until I accidentally updated the Switch to 16.0.3, which completely stops Atmosphere from working. When I inject the payload using the RCM Jig, the Atmosphere logo shows on the switch for a brief moment, then the switch shuts down, when I power it back on, Atmosphere is not available. I have all the files from before the update, including all the software, via an SD card, and I am wondering if I can simply change the SD card Atmosphere folder to the updated version 16.0.3, making it once again playable. Is this the case or is there more to the process, eg; do I have to update anything else? Thanks for your help :D

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically I had my switch hacked the other day using Atmosphere, ver 16.0.2, all was good until I accidentally updated the Switch to 16.0.3, which completely stops Atmosphere from working. When I inject the payload using the RCM Jig, the Atmosphere logo shows on the switch for a brief moment, then the switch shuts down, when I power it back on, Atmosphere is not available. I have all the files from before the update, including all the software, via an SD card, and I am wondering if I can simply change the SD card Atmosphere folder to the updated version 16.0.3, making it once again playable. Is this the case or is there more to the process, eg; do I have to update anything else? Thanks for your help :D
Update atmosphere and your sigpatches. Atmosphere had an update 13 hours ago.

For future reference, the order of update for the system should always be Hekate (if you use it), Atmosphere, Sigpatches, system firmware.

CaptainCrusher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update atmosphere and your sigpatches. Atmosphere had an update 13 hours ago.

For future reference, the order of update for the system should always be Hekate (if you use it), Atmosphere, Sigpatches, system firmware.
Thank you for your response, I did notice Atmosphere had an update recently, but when I go to the latest Sigpatches, they say they are for Atmosphere 1.5.4 rather than 1.5.5, can I still use these Sigpatches or are there others I am unaware of?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your response, I did notice Atmosphere had an update recently, but when I go to the latest Sigpatches, they say they are for Atmosphere 1.5.4 rather than 1.5.5, can I still use these Sigpatches or are there others I am unaware of?
The sigpatches are probably still fine. You don't really have to worry about them being incompatible with the CFW. More just newer games can become incompatible.

Reactions: CaptainCrusher

CaptainCrusher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to be sure, in order to update my files, all I gotta do is just replace the current ones in the SD card? Also, both the Atmosphere files and Sigpatches files should be in the atmosphere folder, right?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be sure, in order to update my files, all I gotta do is just replace the current ones in the SD card? Also, both the Atmosphere files and Sigpatches files should be in the atmosphere folder, right?
SciresM the developer of atmosphere is very very much against piracy and does not provide sigpatches. You will have to get those elsewhere. But you can just copy and replace the new atmosphere over your current install. Then do the same for the sigpatches. If you are updating Hekate I suggest not replacing the Hekateipl.ini file in the bootloader folder.

CaptainCrusher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SciresM the developer of atmosphere is very very much against piracy and does not provide sigpatches. You will have to get those elsewhere. But you can just copy and replace the new atmosphere over your current install. Then do the same for the sigpatches. If you are updating Hekate I suggest not replacing the Hekateipl.ini file in the bootloader folder.
Good to know, should I still replace the other file from my current bootloader folder called "patches" or should I just ignore the bootloader folder altogether? Also are there any other files I shouldn't replace from the switch or atmosphere folders, or are they fine to replace? And finally, I should also replace my current hbmenu.nro file, correct?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know, should I still replace the other file from my current bootloader folder called "patches" or should I just ignore the bootloader folder altogether? Also are there any other files I shouldn't replace from the switch or atmosphere folders, or are they fine to replace? And finally, I should also replace my current hbmenu.nro file, correct?
replace everything but the hekateipl.ini file. That file is what sets the boot options in hekate.

CaptainCrusher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
replace everything but the hekateipl.ini file. That file is what sets the boot options in hekate.
Man you are a goddamn lifesaver, I wasn't the person who originally set up Atmosphere on my Switch - as you can tell from my severe lack of knowledge about it - originally it was a close family member of mine who would've absolutely smited me since he specifically told and warned me to not update the Switch, yet I still did it accidentally, but, with your help, it's working again and I couldn't be more relieved! Thank you very much :D

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man you are a goddamn lifesaver, I wasn't the person who originally set up Atmosphere on my Switch - as you can tell from my severe lack of knowledge about it - originally it was a close family member of mine who would've absolutely smited me since he specifically told and warned me to not update the Switch, yet I still did it accidentally, but, with your help, it's working again and I couldn't be more relieved! Thank you very much :D
Now that I think about it. You aren't playing pirated games on the sysnand are you? Because if you are that is a quick way to get banned lol.

CaptainCrusher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now that I think about it. You aren't playing pirated games on the sysnand are you? Because if you are that is a quick way to get banned lol.
No, as far as my knowledge goes I am almost certain I am not. Just to be sure though, sysnand is the Switch's internal storage and emunand is the microSD you put in yourself? If that is the case, I am not playing pirated games on them sysnand, but rather the emunand.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, as far as my knowledge goes I am almost certain I am not. Just to be sure though, sysnand is the Switch's internal storage and emunand is the microSD you put in yourself? If that is the case, I am not playing pirated games on them sysnand, but rather the emunand.
Well the emunand should have Nintendo's servers blocked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste