Gaming Burning XBox 360 Isos..

67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys,
I am new to this flashing stuff, and just understood how to flash my Xbox 360.
As LiteTouch gets released, I will flash it to my drive.
But one thing that puzzles me is the burning of the Isos.
How do I do it, how do I verify stealth and security sectors.
Its so confusing
wacko.gif
what is SSV2 and Waves??
Do I also have to burn arcade games to DVDs or can I run them off my hard drive??
Sorry for being a noob,
Thanks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SS in this case stands for security sectors (errors of a sort in the disc that can not be burned by home drives) and is one of the things the hacked firmware emulates for you (when the 360 tries to determine the SS locations it feeds the SS data from the ISO tricking the 360 security system in the process. SSv2 is a newer way of ripping them that is in theory better than the older way. If you want tech details then http://www.xboxhacker.org/index.php?topic=...v_next=prev#new
Most new rips will already be at SSv2 but if you want ABGX360 ( http://abgx360.net/verified.php - the number at the right hand side of the screen next to wave) has the relevant files to patch into isos if you want and it is the main checking program for the 360 scene.
The program ABGX360 can do it and tell roughly what you have (see the xboxhacker link for more on that) and patch the files in if you want. Do note the stock ABGX360 has not been updated with support for the newest waves so grab the modded version (do a search for AEtH abgx360 and you should drag it up).

Waves- long story short the 360 discs carry updates and when NXE appeared these updates had to be moved to a different section of the disc (the video section in this case). At the time these changes looked like a corrupt ISO to the hacked firmwares and they refused to run it. Some people then "wave patched" isos (very few got released to the scene and they were nuked if they were, the wastelands of p2p less so)

XBLA and DLC will only work on the JTAG hacked 360, more on that http://docs.google.com/View?id=dnfmv5h_186pp2zddm

As for burning what burns isos with the proper dual layer settings- IMGburn for me and the vast majority of others. Always open the .dvd file rather than the .iso (IMGburn will probably correct it but no need to start bad habits).

Finally and although you did not ask LT requires splitvid, it was done for older isos on occasion but retuned and was made mandatory for LT (one of the reasons many games had to be reburned when people moved to LT). ABGX360 can change it for you as well (in the "misc" tab)- change it to "Add it if it doesn't exist or isn't valid".

67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, now I have a different problem.
I downloaded an iso, but it didn't come with a .dvd file.
Can I burn it without the .dvd file?
Someone said to manually set layers or something, but I'm not sure--should I create one?
PLZZ HELP!!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
If you open the iso in ABGX360 it will create one for you. I suggest this as it is foolproof.

On the other hand the .dvd file is very simple and similarly all the 360 isos use the same layer break (1,913,760 sectors) which you can set by selecting the burn iso mode, tools dropdown menu, settings, write tab and it will be on the right hand side.

On the other hand the .dvd file is three lines (sometimes more, I am guessing it needs the blank line and it does not hurt it to be there)
Code:
LayerBreak=1913760
filename.iso
Naturally you will want to change the filename.iso part to the name of your iso file (probably still the shortform scene name).

67birdman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its alright..
Is LT for Samsung already out?? Or are they still testing or something?
And what are the settings in imgburn?
Thanks FAST6191.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still in testing for samsung as far as I know. No idea where they are at in testing though.

Once you have checked your iso with ABGX and done anything you needed to do there it is time to burn

IMGburn settings- select burn iso file, open .dvd file, press burn.
Some people like to drop the speed a bit as some 360 drives are a bit touchy about discs if you get a buffer underrun (try not to have the iso too fragmented- defraggler is a great freeware file/directory level defrag tool) and try not to do lots of hard drive work while it is burning).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in