OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you do this?
Does anyone have a link to the guide?
I have backup loader 0.3 so thats not a problem.
just need to know how to burn them to DVD+Rs..

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to change the booktype to dvd-rom....

from what i have read, you need to do this with imgburn

alternative solution, use dvd-r

with my personally owned rips i use nero + dvd-r and it works flawlessly when i burn at 4x speed, never had a problem, hope this helps.

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1019wii said:
How do you do this?
Does anyone have a link to the guide?
I have backup loader 0.3 so thats not a problem.
just need to know how to burn them to DVD+Rs..

This is how you get them to work.
First you take the DVD+r's and place them in their casing. Then you place the cases back into the dvd+r box. If you bought a 50 pack you just take the disk and place them back into rack. You then purchase dvd-r's (verbatim if you can) and use those.

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DVD+R's work fine with imgburn. I used HP ones and they all work great.

You don't need to change anything under imgburn. Just pop it in, select the iso, and burn.

Done and done.

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wait, I should mention, I have a Wiikey, so it supports it. Wouldn't know about using on Backup Loader....

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mexiken said:
DVD+R's work fine with imgburn. I used HP ones and they all work great.

You don't need to change anything under imgburn. Just pop it in, select the iso, and burn.

Done and done.

exactly. ive never had to change the booktype. both on drives that imgburn did and did not support changing the booktype on.
with the gc/wii ive noticed that media quality means more than anything, and even then, as long as you dont get the cheapest thing on the shelf, you should be fine.
same deal with the burn speed. i burn 24x on dvd+r, no booktype changes, on sony media, and I havent had one bad burn yet.

batmanfr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I used DVD+R with backup launcher on a non-modded wii. You have to change the booktype to DVD-ROM but it is fine.

For know how to write in DVD-ROM, check your burn software
wink.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
bottom line is , and still wonder why people love DVD+R ???

success is :

DVD-R + x4 speed + Verbatim media + any software supports burning image ISO = successful read disc , vole

if it is too hard , pm me and I'll send you a step by step tutorial via pm
laugh.gif

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
bottom line is , and still wonder why people love DVD+R ???

success is :

DVD-R + x4 speed + Verbatim media + any software supports burning image ISO = successful read disc , vole

if it is too hard , pm me and I'll send you a step by step tutorial via pm
laugh.gif

Well actually, I tried using Nero and a couple other iso burning apps, and they wouldn't recognize Wii ISO's, only imgburn would.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I used roxio and nero and clonecd and image burn and powerISO they all work fine , if your software is not a reading ISO by default just go to settings or options and check the ISO box on, or right click the iso and go to open with and choose your software and it also should work , and all of the mentioned software has an option to burn image disc or image file or even says burn ISO at some of it like roxio .

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
I used roxio and nero and clonecd and image burn and powerISO they all work fine , if your software is not a reading ISO by default just go to settings or options and check the ISO box on, or right click the iso and go to open with and choose your software and it also should work , and all of the mentioned software has an option to burn image disc or image file or even says burn ISO at some of it like roxio .

Oh the software would burn other ISO's just fine, just not Wii one's. Some wouldn't recognize it, would freeze, would give me an error, etc. However, this was nearly 2 years ago, I'm sure they've updated the software. Since imgburn worked then and still does now, its all I ever use for Wii games now, and pretty much everything too.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mexiken said:
Oh the software would burn other ISO's just fine, just not Wii one's. Some wouldn't recognize it, would freeze, would give me an error, etc. However, this was nearly 2 years ago, I'm sure they've updated the software. Since imgburn worked then and still does now, its all I ever use for Wii games now, and pretty much everything too.

MIght have just been an old version or the booktype not being set on it ?
Nero seems to work fine for most.

Ive only seen 1 person have an issue with DVD-R and the tried a +R disc and it worked fine for him , strangly

mexiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
mexiken said:

MIght have just been an old version or the booktype not being set on it ?
Nero seems to work fine for most.

Ive only seen 1 person have an issue with DVD-R and the tried a +R disc and it worked fine for him , strangly

Maybe. I never played around with it. When I used to fire up Nero, I told it I wanted to make a DVD ROM, and it just wouldn't take Wii ISO's, took other ISO's just fine, all others in fact, save for Wii ones. So I tried imgburn, and it worked. Kinda just used it from then on.

Geek72790

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I used DVD+Rs with no problem either. I used IMGburn with Fujifilm DVD+Rs.

I only used Fujifilm because a friend of mine just had them laying around so I took a couple.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FOR IMG BURN >>>>>DO THIS
double click the iso you wanna use
then click tools in the drop down box go to drive
then click change book type
pick your burner
under change for click dvd +r if thats what your using
under new setting chose dvd-rom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0