Burning Super Smash Bros Brawl

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by FakeHero, Mar 16, 2009.

Mar 16, 2009
  1. FakeHero
    OP

Member FakeHero GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i have a japanese wii with 3.2J firmware. it can play the offical USA super smash bros brawl and the DVD9 version of the JAP brawl (the one with 4.5GB big). But i tried burning the USA 7.8GB Brawl (used brick blocker to remove the update before burning) at max speed, it reads but when it reach the introduction movie the green words appear and tell me to read the manuel thing. I tried burning the Pal version (removed update as well) and it give me the error 001 or w.e it is. So what speep should i burn the USA brawl at. i use Imgburn 2.4 with Verbatim DVD - R DL.

2. fst312

Member fst312 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    using a dual layer dvd is the problem.we supposedly can't play burned games on a dual layer dvd.

EDIT
    oh and the speed you should burn at is 2x.it is said you can burn at the highest speed but 2x is recommended.

i don't know if anyone ever got the 7.8GB smash bros to work so you should search on that one unless you already did.

3. DKAngel

Member DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Dual layer games do work, they worked in the beta version of the loader plus if you install cios36rev8 it works again. now with brawl u need to manually set the layer break which is 2084960, i used verbatium dvd-r DL and burned it at 6x and my copy works fine

dont listen to the ppl that say u must burn at a certain speed as it does not matter

4. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    DKAngel, I disagree... Burning speed DOES matter but it depends on your burner. Some people have better luck with their drives at faster speed and some do at slower... Generally you discover what works with your own drive best over time. Like for me, anything over 6x is an instant failure but there are others that can't burn less than 8x without similarly failing. It's all about the individual DVD burners and media.

5. FakeHero
    OP

United States
    What is this layer break thing? can u teach me how to do it? and do i need to install cios36rev8? my wii is hard modded.

6. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Can book type be set to -r for dual layer disks, and will it work? I have a shit load of DL+r's.

For layer breaks:

Name your .iso some thing like SSBBDVD9.iso

Create a new .txt file and name it SSBBDVD9.txt

Open it and add the lines:

LayerBreak=2084960
    SSBBDVD9.iso

Save it, close it, rename the extension .txt to .dvd

Now open clonecd or imgburn etc and open this .dvd file, and hit burn.
    (alternatively you can just specify the layer break (2084960) in imgburn settings)

Note: Nero does not burn layer breaks correctly.

7. .d&n

Newcomer .d&n Advanced Member

Australia
    all so complicated, i dumped my version of brawl and burned it on Verbatim DVD-R DL , the most recommend speed for any disc is half of that disc

if the disc say 16x max, do 8x.... not too slow not too fast (discs nowadays are DESIGNED to burn at extreme speeds, lower speeds doesnt always mean better quility)

but DL has slower speeds, so what do you do....... well i like to say half but i burned on max, and it still worked

Nero 8
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl (NTSC)
    Verbatim DVD-R DL 4x

8. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    lol DL disk a 2x would take forever!
    i'd say DL disk at this point in time are the exception to the half speed rule.

9. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    nvrmnd

10. FakeHero
    OP

United States
    u said i can just specify the layer break in imgburn setting and it sounds easier. how i do that?

11. FUeL

Newcomer FUeL Newbie

Australia
    - In ImgBurn select 'Tools' from the menu along the top of the application window then select 'Settings...'.
    - From the settings select the 'Write' tab and then on the top right of this screen there is an option for Layer Break (For DL Media).
    - Select User Specified and type ya number. Make sure you then select OK down the bottom to save the change.

12. FakeHero
    OP

United States
    when i put the imgburn setting with Layerbreak to 2084960, it said cannot set layer break for DVD-R DL medias. what should i do now? use the manual way?

EDIT:
    nvm failed, the manual way dont work neither.

13. FakeHero
    OP

United States
    anyone got a solution to this problem? how should i burn the 8GB super smash bros brawl onto a Verbatim DVD-R DL disc?

14. xave78

Newcomer xave78 Newbie

United States
    I`v just got SSBB working after wasting several discs and spending hours on the net.
    You need Verbatim dvd+r dl 8X - NOT dvd-r dl as they do not work properly or set layer breaks.
    A good dvd writer but not pioneer ! I used a Samsung
    Iv tryed loads of discs, speeds, layer breaks, got loads of errors and many made the toc,toc,toc noise
    But this was how i got it working.

Burn dvd9 ISO at 4X using Imgburn with layer break set at 2084960

I have a Wasabi 1.4 on Pal with latest updates from nintendo.