Country
rofl.gif

Why would you be burning DS Roms?

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speed burn x4 is the most common. Usually slower speeds are better because it will most likely burn every little thing on the disc/whatever. Faster burns are for people with little patience.
tongue.gif

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer a good Class 4 MicroSD card myself, but too each his own. It depends on what you're burning, for movies use 2.4x at the most that way the set top DVD player will recognize it. If you just want data storage or games, as fast as possible is best!!

P.S. How are you gonna use DVD's on a DS
laugh.gif
?

Fantasy Freak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haflore said:
I prefer a good Class 4 MicroSD card myself, but too each his own. It depends on what you're burning, for movies use 2.4x at the most that way the set top DVD player will recognize it. If you just want data storage or games, as fast as possible is best!!

laugh.gif
?

LOL, he may install a some custom DVD drive on his DS. If he does, hope he'll sell it to us GBAtemp users XD.

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fantasy Freak said:
haflore said:

laugh.gif
?

LOL, he may install a some custom DVD drive on his DS. If he does, hope he'll sell it to us GBAtemp users XD.
Saphiresurf made it
smileipb2.png

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
you could try to sell it. it's common here in the Philippine everytime you buy a DS with R4 and it'll bundled with a couple of DVD full of DS games.

SRSLY, invest on external HDD and save your time. there are more DS games and 4.7 is hardly enough to store your games unless you only have few games, I can understand

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
They are. There can be some problems with some older burners when attempting to burn at too high a speed (read: a slightly greater burn-failure rate). But most new burners and burning programs simply slow down the burn to a reasonable level (higher than 2x, btw) automatically.

lukands

I took the little bus here
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Nollog said:
It doesn't matter.
I burn backups to disc too, don't want to buy bigger hard drives to store them.
Yes thankyou, see I`m not the only one.
Its the same thing I do with lots of electronic data (digital pictures, music, etc..) Backup everything!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To everyone laughing at him for burning it to a DVD, you're just a dumbass. DVD's aren't just for Wii games and movies. They're just as viable a storage solution as anything else, they just can't be overwritten (unless you've got a DVD RW). My friend burned all 6 episodes of Garth Marengie's Darkplace to a CD and it's a perfect solution (since CD's are cheaper, the files were in total under 700MB, and CD's are cheaper than DVD's).

Anyway, for burning, it shouldn't matter really. My general rule of thumb is to burn at half the DVD's maximum speed (like burn a 16x DVD at 8x speed), but that's probably a load of horse dung. Burn it as fast as you can or want to, probably.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...