PS1/2 Burning discs for PSOne swap trick?

Urza

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just dug out my PSOne the other day, and since I never really got into Playstation games when I was younger, figured I would play through some of the staple titles.

Currently using the double swap trick, which for the most part seems to work, but the music/videos seem to skip with most games (Final Doom, Einhander that I've tried so far).

Wondering if there is a specific way I should be burning the discs to eliminate this, or if its an unavoidable side effect of the swap trick. Burning the discs on Sony media with ImgBurn @ 4x.

And yes, I could be using emulators blah blah (and I was earlier). Would prefer to use the actual console, so any help is appreciated.

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't come from just the way you burn the CD but also what CD you start off using
Cd's that have the most tracks 22+ have the best results
Such as
Tomb Raider 2 20+
CV:SOTN A Lot

QUOTE said:
Wondering if there is a specific way I should be burning the discs to eliminate this, or if its an unavoidable side effect of the swap trick. Burning the discs on Sony media with ImgBurn @ 4x.

Best media period for cd iso's are verbatim cd's (gold bottom)

And other than that burn at the lowest speed posiable

But then again the memorex Cd's i use burned at 4x work fine (using Alcohol 120% Playstation Data type)

QUOTEAnd yes, I could be using emulators blah blah (and I was earlier). Would prefer to use the actual console, so any help is appreciated.

Agreed reason i broke down and spent the $4 + $7 shipping to mod my psx (Minus solder,iron,PCB,wire and Standoffs) (about 25 total could buy a pre modded ps for that though)

Don't recommend a PSX Being the first system you mod it has ultra small points to solder to barely bigger than the 30 AWG wire you should use (barely bigger than a push pin's diameter

Nothing like playing on the real system

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...