Burning discs for PSOne swap trick?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Urza, Jun 12, 2008.

Jun 12, 2008
  1. Urza

Member Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    Just dug out my PSOne the other day, and since I never really got into Playstation games when I was younger, figured I would play through some of the staple titles.

Currently using the double swap trick, which for the most part seems to work, but the music/videos seem to skip with most games (Final Doom, Einhander that I've tried so far).

Wondering if there is a specific way I should be burning the discs to eliminate this, or if its an unavoidable side effect of the swap trick. Burning the discs on Sony media with ImgBurn @ 4x.

And yes, I could be using emulators blah blah (and I was earlier). Would prefer to use the actual console, so any help is appreciated.
  2. Jack-Of-Trades

Member Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2008
    United States
    It doesn't come from just the way you burn the CD but also what CD you start off using
    Cd's that have the most tracks 22+ have the best results
    Such as
    Tomb Raider 2 20+
    CV:SOTN A Lot

Agreed reason i broke down and spent the $4 + $7 shipping to mod my psx (Minus solder,iron,PCB,wire and Standoffs) (about 25 total could buy a pre modded ps for that though)

Don't recommend a PSX Being the first system you mod it has ultra small points to solder to barely bigger than the 30 AWG wire you should use (barely bigger than a push pin's diameter

Nothing like playing on the real system