Burn a cheat CD, or use a USB device - PS2 Slim

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by KirbyPink, Jul 13, 2010.

Jul 13, 2010
  1. KirbyPink
    OP

Member KirbyPink GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Okay, i could buy a cheat device for it, but i was wondering or i want to ask if there is a CD you can burn for cheats or put a cheat program on a moveable USB?

2. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Yeah, I have it. It's a cracked Code-Breaker you can move from a USB Device to the Memory Card, and it'll function as a normal CB. I heard you can't just launch it while it's on the USB device, because it'll freeze, you'll have to copy it to your memory card. Assuming, you have Free MC Boot, or something that launches .elf file.

Or....

I also heard that you could patch the CB iso, burn it, and allow it to run with ESR, or with a purchased game.

Either way, it requires something to launch a elf, or the ability to play burned discs.

3. Jasper07

Member Jasper07 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    If you have a memory card, I could put free mc boot on it with ESR beta 9 so you can always play backups. Or do you mean cheats like actually changing values in-game and stuff?

4. KirbyPink
    OP

Member KirbyPink GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Yea, like change hp to 9999 or give max money that sorta thing.
    I only have a chipped Ps2 and a Max memory card. I was planning to use a SD memory card, the one i usally use for my DS cards. I have 3 so it's no big deal.

5. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    just a warning, when using codebreaker the usb slots don't work on a slim, silly i know but it's a bug.