Former AKAIO Programmer
OP
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
If there are any bugs fixes or features you want implemented in the next Acekard RPG post them here and i'll try and get some of them done and included in the next official release.

superrab

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Getting download play to work per my thread here would be awesome: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=69768

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soft reset, more in-depth cheat support, 100% download play w/o breaking any compatibility, perhaps real-time save and slow-motion. These are the only things that the Acekard lacks compared to other flashcarts.

If those were added, it would most certainly be the best flashcart on the market with the same price-range as the CycloDS Evolution and the same features and 1GB of NAND. I've already gotten one (it was DOA, but I'm getting a replacement). The lack of these features are the only things stopping this card from being unbeatable.

EDIT: Oh, and built-in EZFlash 3in1 Expansion Pack support.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is this thread for real? If it is then the AKRPG needs download play the most because that is the most lacking feature it has right now against the other cards.

Here would be a list of features IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE:
1: 100% DL Play
2: DSLinux working/100% homebrew
3: Soft Reset for ROMs AND homebrew
4: Ingame menu with RTS
5: Smoothing of the features and extra little options

That, off the top of my head would make the acekard PERFECT and 100% better than the other carts but I doubt all of these will ever happen with JUST coders and no support from the real team. Hopefully they will do a couple of these things from the list.

PS:

QUOTE said:
EDIT: Oh, and built-in EZFlash 3in1 Expansion Pack support.
Already has it. I am using the custom firmware with 3in1 support directly built in.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I think an awesome feature would be to have an nds shortcut in the main menu (under flash memory, microsd, slot2) to the game or homebrew of your choice.

Do you reckon you could achieve that?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
OP
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just implemented that feature tonight although atm theres a slight lag just about a second or so but it is noticeable.

I've also slowed down the scrolling speed i was thinking about making a gui option to change between slow normal and fast,

I've also made it so it shows japanese characters while in english language mode now which makes japanese games rom info screens look much better than they used to.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just implemented that feature tonight although atm theres a slight lag just about a second or so but it is noticeable.

I've also slowed down the scrolling speed i was thinking about making a gui option to change between slow normal and fast,

I've also made it so it shows japanese characters while in english language mode now which makes japanese games rom info screens look much better than they used to.
Amazing job. Keep it up.
biggrin.gif

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I think OSW posted a fix for the Japanese characters not showing in the English loader.
The custom firmware is nice, but a bit rough around the edges. If the team were to implement EZ Flash 3 in 1 support, they should make it similar to that of Rudolphs tool, because the majority of users use that.
I loaded up the CFW, and it deleted my save from SRAM, and I hadn't backed it up in a week.... lol.

Yeah, download play will be fixed for sure in the next loader.
Real cheat support would be a definite bonus, or if they can't do that, at least a text editor in the loader, to enable/disable the cheats.
I personally, have accustomed myself to the fast scrolling, so if a change is made, a GUI option would be good, or maybe even a value in one of the config files to change.

Another problem I have found, is that ROMs that have been patched for rumble by the standalone version of the patcher in the EZ Flash V menu, show up at corrupted, this has happened with Metroid Prime Pinball, and Elite Beat Agents, I'm not sure about other games.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I think big improvement would be
1) More options to file browser in Acekard RPG (like renaming of files for example).
2) Do something that acekard would recognize saves without savelistex.bin file because sometimes it is annoying.
3) Sometimes when I copy paste files from microsd to flash memory its extension changes, one time I copied file with extension .nds and after copying its extension was .nds.nds it don't happen often but it is annoying bug.
4) Improving speed of loading acekard menu would be very nice too.
5) Some save backup/restore option would be very nice.
6) And last one is that sometimes acekard rpg delete my saves from games, the deleting is random and I dont know what is the cause, but I lost once every savegame from my microsd and one time I lost one savegame from my flash memory. (but I dont know the cause)
7) last and biggest improvement would be making save-only file view option in vieving file options.
8) And it would be real confortable if acekard would hide folders and files mark as hiden in properties.
9) And feature of copying folder with files inside would be very good too. (now you can copy max 1 file)
10) And If you could make some feature that enable copying data via cable into microsd, if it is hardware issue, you could make some copying ability while ds is on, Im sure you would manage to do that.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm still wondering about the download play though. Did any games not work on the 4.04 loader(the one used on the temp review)? I can't test it either unless I can try using a friend's DS or I get another DS. Since I don't use DL play much, I would probably rather see other features improved.(soft reset)

Also don't have a problem with the scrolling either, but a GUI option would be nice. And having a seperate folder for saves could also be nice.

I actually haven't been able to look into my Acekard RPG lately but I was hoping to make my own/changing the look of the GUI.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
QUOTE said:

What feature are you talking about that you implemented?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
the shortcut i suggested.

Spoke to normmatt on irc.
He's also finished slowing down scroll speed (planning on making it adjustable), added japanese character support to the english setting (previously i had a workaround method it in my topic "RPG Tips etc" or something, but this is built in)

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One thing that must be fixed as soon as possible is the fact that the RPG only saves your game THE NEXT TIME it is booted. I am not sure if the team will ever fix this but someone must try to change the saving routine. It is incredibly tedious and no other flash cart still uses this old method except for a select few and this is still frowned upon.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i dunno. it does it pretty fast.

whats strange to me is that i'm pretty sure they claimed the saves were direct to SD (or flash)

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i dunno. it does it pretty fast.

whats strange to me is that i'm pretty sure they claimed the saves were direct to SD (or flash)
I asked the same question to Shaunj on his Acekard review and even he told me that he went back and edited his review to say it was directly to the SD. Weird. Someone should try to fix it.

So far, that is one of my only negative points in my review.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
OP
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
From what i can see they are infact stored on the nand and writting to the sd/nand on next boot. though that process takes a little while to complete maybe i can do something to speed it up but i've got others thing i want to do before that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1