Bug on Pokemon Gates to Infinity DLC

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by noctis90210, Oct 5, 2015.

1. noctis90210
    OP

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2013
    i downloaded and installed the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to infinity all DLC USA somewhere in is0 site... all the 12 dlc are unlocked after i installed, but theres a bug that when entering the dengeon selection, theres a lot of dungeons with a strange name containing square characters... here the picture...
    hope someone could me fix this problem, cuz its really annoying, thanks and have a nice day...

[​IMG]

2. gamerboy1995

gamerboy1995 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2011
    United States
    If you had looked around on that site, you would have seen that this bug has been known about for a while. I don't know if there was more info on how to fix it or not, but if not then just ignore the square ones.

3. tomx86

tomx86 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 3, 2015
    Poland
    I think
    I got the same bug in my EUR version.
    I think, that this all DLC cia, literally gives all dungeons, those witch the buggy names must be for the Japanese version of the game.
    Someone needs to make cia files with proper DLC dungeons, for every version of the game.

4. noctis90210
    OP

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2013
    now that we can decrypt-extract-rebuild 3ds content, can somebody manage to fix this dlc and remove the things that causes the bug?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-roms.383055/

for the list of available dlc (12 dungeon):
    pokeforest
    ----------------
    pika land
    mt. travail
    skill treasury
    ----------------
    ivy park
    Scalchop Beach
    Kecleon Bazaar
    Ultimate Wilds
    ----------------
    Axe Rock
    Mount Tepid
    Treat Road
    Strongest Trail

even tho these 12 dlc are already present on the dlc cia... theres a lot of other dungeon with buggy names like the pictures i uploaded on OP...
    thanks...

5. LoDeus

LoDeus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2016
    Belgium
    I tried one, it was called Debug, but there was no stairs on the 2nd floor, so I had to abandon :/ maybe it was some dungeons for testing or developping ? (I don't know how it works, it's just a nooby hypothesis)

Last edited by LoDeus, Feb 3, 2016
  6. delete12345

delete12345 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 27, 2010
    United States
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Don't forget that the DLC maps come with additional in-game musics for your Jukebox to play.

It will be very hard to extract the contents and identify which of the music additions belong to which map.

Since there are no known solutions, the best way is to live with the glitched maps and dlc001 ~ dlc100 audios, which are just 2 songs, each taking up 50 dlcXXX slots.