Aurora003

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings everyone.

I'm having trouble finding a solution to hosting Bubble Bobble Revolution with my R4. I tried searching for a solution and got no where. I changed my kernel from 1.18 to 1.11, which one wiki compatibility list said it worked fine, alas it did not.

I would really like to play the game in classic mode and play along with my sibling, if I ever get around this bug.

One sales clerk told me to get a TTMX, which he defined as a R4 clone type. I looked here for an official review of a TTMX, but the search comes up blank.

I haven't have much progress. I'm hoping someone here would give me some tips as to how to get past this issue/bug.

Thankyou.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I imagine they were confused and were talking about the TTDS, which is a decent card, but there are much better ones out there. Before you go buying a new card, though, I'd recommend trying YSmenu, a replacement menu which can be run on the R4 and which has better compatibility than the original R4 firmware. This topic has a tool which will make it very easy to install YSmenu on your R4.

Aurora003

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thankyou for your help, Vague. =)

After a few different varies with R4YSauto, I got the combo I like-- R4 + YSauto duo fw.

Sadly, hosting Bubble bobble rom doesn't work. Still no signal sending. I'd rather have it portable, but I guess i'll probably either DL it on the Wii or buy the game cartridge when it appears.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R4YSAuto is about 3 months outdated. You can use it if you rename the newer archive to the one that R4YSAuto looks for, but I suggest that you try out a2h's YSMenu generator instead.
Grab the latest version of YSMenu from Yasu's site, Scroll about 60% of the way down till you see "DS(T_T)DS" in bolded light blue letters and click the link that says "2009/02/07 16:30??????savlib".

Aurora003

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thankyou Twiz for pointing me to this fw.

Alas, the BBR rom hosting doesn't work with either the jap, eur, or the us 1.0 nor the 1.1 versions. Probably this rom copy doesn't want to host. I probably need to have the other DS to have a real copy, then it might work.

Thankyou for the help.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...