Gaming Bubble Bobble Plus! YAWMM, Help

Karatevan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys!

I have I soft modded Wii U with a modded vWii. Cannot get Bubble Bobble Plus! working, installed it with YAWMM, the channel shows the game thumbnail, but once I try to boot it, it says 'You cannot access this channel' and I have to hard reboot the console.

Please help!
Thank you in advance.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
A few things to check:

In the vWii settings menu, do you have any storage blocks free, or are you at 0? Maybe when you installed the game, you had no space remaining, so it wasn't installed properly. WAD managers don't seem to take remaining space into account, they just silently fail when trying to install with no space remaining.

Do you have the game installed to your vWii NAND, or did you copy it over to an SD card? That won't work with fakesigned titles unless you modify the System Menu IOS to skip the check.

Is the WAD you installed the same region as your console, or at least modified to be region free?

Karatevan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A few things to check:

In the vWii settings menu, do you have any storage blocks free, or are you at 0? Maybe when you installed the game, you had no space remaining, so it wasn't installed properly. WAD managers don't seem to take remaining space into account, they just silently fail when trying to install with no space remaining.

Do you have the game installed to your vWii NAND, or did you copy it over to an SD card? That won't work with fakesigned titles unless you modify the System Menu IOS to skip the check.

Is the WAD you installed the same region as your console, or at least modified to be region free?

Hi, thanks for your help. I also have installed Castelvania as wad file and it works well.
1) I have like 2 gb left in my console's hd.
2) The wad file is inside my sd and then installed in my internal hard drive (honestly I cannot even find the option to install it on my USB Drive).
3) Don't know if the rom is PAL (my console is PAL) nor if it has been region modified

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
3) Don't know if the rom is PAL (my console is PAL) nor if it has been region modified
There's a Windows app called ShowMiiWads which can tell you things like what region your WADs are and convert them to region-free if needed. If that is the issue here (i.e. your WAD may be for USA consoles), you could either find a PAL WAD, or right click the WAD in ShowMiiWads and change it's region to PAL or region-free (either should work).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, thanks for your help. I also have installed Castelvania as wad file and it works well.
1) I have like 2 gb left in my console's hd.
2) The wad file is inside my sd and then installed in my internal hard drive (honestly I cannot even find the option to install it on my USB Drive).
You do not have 2 GB left in the vWii NAND. The vWii NAND is only 512 MB large.
There is only one way to install WADs to a USB drive, by using an emuNAND.

Karatevan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's a Windows app called ShowMiiWads which can tell you things like what region your WADs are and convert them to region-free if needed. If that is the issue here (i.e. your WAD may be for USA consoles), you could either find a PAL WAD, or right click the WAD in ShowMiiWads and change it's region to PAL or region-free (either should work).

Thank you I will look into it!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You do not have 2 GB left in the vWii NAND. The vWii NAND is only 512 MB large.
There is only one way to install WADs to a USB drive, by using an emuNAND.

Thank you for posting. I thought that vWii memory matched WiiU free internal disk space, it seems I was mistaken.

Either way, I have installed very few apps on my vWii NAND, don't think I have run out of space yet. How can I check vWii NAND free space?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you I will look into it!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you for posting. I thought that vWii memory matched WiiU free internal disk space, it seems I was mistaken.

Either way, I have installed very few apps on my vWii NAND, don't think I have run out of space yet. How can I check vWii NAND free space?
The maximum size of each Wii channel is like 40 MB, it would take a bunch of them to fill up the vWii NAND, maybe like 10, I don't know how much space the Wii firmware takes. There's probably a way to check the remaining space on the vWii NAND from the Wii U settings (Data Management?)

Reactions: Karatevan

Karatevan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

ShowMiiWads did the trick... the game was US, changed into region free and booted.

About the memory slots, well, I am kinda confused, as if I check the apps I have installed (through vWii) it also lists wii games I have installed as WUP (probably around 10 gb of games) and still it says I have 220 mb free memory.

Reactions: Vague Rant

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
ShowMiiWads did the trick... the game was US, changed into region free and booted.

About the memory slots, well, I am kinda confused, as if I check the apps I have installed (through vWii) it also lists wii games I have installed as WUP (probably around 10 gb of games) and still it says I have 220 mb free memory.
Just to be clear on where you're seeing that 220 MB, does it actually say MB, or just "220"? Wii NAND space is measured in blocks, not megabytes, so if it says anything about MB, you're in Wii U mode.

However, if it just says "220" with no unit, then you're in Wii mode and probably looking at your save files rather than installed channels. Save files for Wii games are stored on the vWii NAND along with any WiiWare/VC titles you have installed (like Bubble Bobble Plus!), so if you're seeing those installed games in the vWii Data Management screen, that's why--you're seeing the saves, not the games themselves.

Reactions: jeannotte

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if blocks are measured the same way on the wii u/vwii. it's a computing term that I'm not sure has an exact measurement. a block on the psx/ps2 is 8,192 bytes.

Karatevan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just to be clear on where you're seeing that 220 MB, does it actually say MB, or just "220"? Wii NAND space is measured in blocks, not megabytes, so if it says anything about MB, you're in Wii U mode.

However, if it just says "220" with no unit, then you're in Wii mode and probably looking at your save files rather than installed channels. Save files for Wii games are stored on the vWii NAND along with any WiiWare/VC titles you have installed (like Bubble Bobble Plus!), so if you're seeing those installed games in the vWii Data Management screen, that's why--you're seeing the saves, not the games themselves.

I was checking the vWii NAND free space within the vWii system info tool. It showed 1880 free blocks, and by using a web converter it seems I have 220 mb free space. It totally makes sense what you said, about the save files stored in the vWii NAND. Thank you for sharing valuable information on the matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: