Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
gallery_111084_186_9973.png

BSNES has always reached for a near perfect experience, thanks to its low-level approach to the entire aspect of emulation. The project has also aimed to support all of the co-processor games. As of today, the final co-processor is now supported (ST018). BSNES is now the only SNES EMU to support a 100% compatibility of all known officially released games, and it accomplishes this without any hacks!

The source news thread has a reply which links back to the ROM files, and thus we can not link to it here. Google is your friend!

Change Log said:
  • emulated the 21.47MHz ST018 (ARMv3) coprocessor used by Hayazashi Nidan Morita Shougi 2
  • fixed PPU TM/TS edge case; fixes bottom scanline of text boxes in Moryo Senki Madara 2
  • fixed saving and loading of Super Game Boy save RAM
  • NEC uPD7725,96050 ROMs now stored in little-endian format for consistency
  • cartridge folder concept has been reworked to use fixed file names
  • added emulation of serial USART interface (replaces asynchronous UART support previously)
Thanks to prowler for the USN!​

icon11.gif
 BSNES Homepage

Reactions: 2 people

loco365

Trophies
XP

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same low-level style of emulation that makes genuinely perfect accuracy possible also bumps up the requirements pretty significantly. No chance it'll ever get ported to Wii, and very slim chance it'll get ported to PS3 if someone wants to go to the effort of threading the whole thing.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
N64 emulation is a bit of a pain, I've heard. Nothing's quite the same when it comes to emulating its individual games.

Absolutely great news about BSNES hitting 100% compatibility, hoorahs are in order!
As for BSNES being available on any system like a Wii, forget it man that takes a lot more power, since most other emulators are High-level emulators, whilst BSNES is Low-level meaning it emulates the system hardware itself and not the expected responses.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just think it's downright pathetic seeing so many "enlightening" comments about Bsnes on EmuCR. It isn't THAT bad, I can run it just fine on my older Core 2 Duo E8400...I fail to see why so many jerks are complaining about it.

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I was reading the release thread for this on the BSNES forum and someone posted a link to some DSP ROMs for this version of BSNES. Whats this for? Do these co-processors need dumping seperately to the game ROMs (more like a MAME ROM?)?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. They're required to run games with special chips, now that the SuperFX, SA-1, S-DD1, Cx4, etc use low-level emulation. I thought distributing those files was "illegal", but what do I care? I don't agree with having to get them for those ROMs....whatever.

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just think it's downright pathetic seeing so many "enlightening" comments about Bsnes on EmuCR. It isn't THAT bad, I can run it just fine on my older Core 2 Duo E8400...I fail to see why so many jerks are complaining about it.

I just got a new PC, Intel Core i7 2670 @ 2.2GHz, and a GeForce GTX 560. Loaded up Donkey Kong.

Stutters like no tomorrow.

And that's why I'm not a fan.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I just got a new PC, Intel Core i7 2670 @ 2.2GHz, and a GeForce GTX 560. Loaded up Donkey Kong.

Stutters like no tomorrow.

And that's why I'm not a fan.
I'm on a Core-architecture machine and BSNES runs normal games fine for me... on the compatibility profile, not the accuracy one.

'Cause people are used to being able to pirate SNES games on a 400mhz machine.
Oh, you mean those punks on EmuCR who rip Byuu to shreds?
Never seen that kinda' stuff. Any time people would rag on an emulator author for his ideals is a time when shitheads roam free and I'd rather stay out of that.

I was mainly referring to how you could run ZSNES on older machines. I used the DOS version on my 98SE machine with a 400mhz processor for the longest time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.