Bruno

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't laughed so many times in a movie in my whole life. I was actually doing facepalms during a couple of parts. Overall it was pretty funny, not very long though and some parts were just completely shocking and inappropriate but whatever.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Luckkill4u said:
After seeing Borat i swear to never see a movie like that again. From what I've seen in the trailers it uses "stupid Humor" which is out of my fancy.

Exactly what I was thinking. I didn't enjoy Borat at all. In fact I felt like turning it off before I was halfway through. I'll be giving Bruno a miss as it's supposed to be pretty much the same sort of gags.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found the movie plain retarded
its just uses as Luckkill4u said, stupid humor
they should have just filled the whole movie with fart jokes

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to see Bruno but some dude was like STOP RIGHT THERE YOURE NOT 18

Somehow I managed to walk into The Hangover without issues though. I thought it was hilarious.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can't wait to download this in a decent quality.
I can't go to the cinema to view comedies, because I'm usually laughing all the way
tongue.gif
I really can't help it, I just seem to laugh the whole movie, and people don't like that.
That's why I usually watch comedies at home.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just saw this like 2 days ago, its quite funny except for one bit where he flings his PENIS theres a upclose shot of him swinging his PENIS FOR LIKE 10 SECONDS! i had to use my popcorn box to block the screen.

tylerxian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This was really hilarious, I laughed nonstop for a while. I wish they would make more movies like these, the fans would enjoy it and the movie industry would make loads of money.

T

tal32123

Edhel said:
Luckkill4u said:
After seeing Borat i swear to never see a movie like that again. From what I've seen in the trailers it uses "stupid Humor" which is out of my fancy.

Exactly what I was thinking. I didn't enjoy Borat at all. In fact I felt like turning it off before I was halfway through. I'll be giving Bruno a miss as it's supposed to be pretty much the same sort of gags.

Joe88 said:
I just found the movie plain retarded
its just uses as Luckkill4u said, stupid humor
they should have just filled the whole movie with fart jokes

haters, sacha baron cohen is a comedical genius
QUOTE(Satangel @ Jul 12 2009, 09:38 AM)
Can't wait to download this in a decent quality.
I can't go to the cinema to view comedies, because I'm usually laughing all the way
tongue.gif
I really can't help it, I just seem to laugh the whole movie, and people don't like that.
That's why I usually watch comedies at home.
don't download it when you can watch it for free, go to bruno's website and you just have to fill out a survey

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I won't be watching it. I find Sacha Baron Cohen's 'comedy' characters nothing short of nauseating. In fact the only vaguely amusing thing he ever did was the voice of King Julien in the Madagascar movies which is possibly because he didn't create the character himself.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People need to take everything the man does with a grain of salt and have an open mind about his films and the way he approaches comedy. Ali G is a completely different style of comedy compared to Cohen's other characters like Bruno and Borat. If you are offended by gay jokes, pop culture humor, racism, cultural ignorance and a whole slew of other things then don't even watch his movies because you will no doubt just get annoyed and want to stop watching. I find a lot of his stuff is rather distasteful in film but he is pushing boundaries with what we deem appropriate and while it may be in bad taste, he can still be funny if you have an open mind.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free