Browserhax doesn't work

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TVL, Jul 20, 2016.

1. TVL
    OP

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1
    A friend of mine showed up with his old 3DS, he used browserhax to get to CFW (RxTools 2.x). That doesn't work anymore and I can't get it to work either.

I replaced all the files with what's in the starter.zip but when trying to access http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php nothing happens. I've cleared all save data in the browser and tried multiple times. DNS is set to auto. It loads without errors, but when it's finished loading nothing happens.

Is it just a matter of doing it enough times? I remember from the time when I used this there was never a problem.

I loaded a link to GW to launch launcher.dat and I could get decrypt9 working like that but none of the CFW's were able to be loaded like this (an error has occured).

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    What's the browser version(in browser settings) and the last string in the system version (also the system version itself).

3. TVL
    OP

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1
    Browser version is 1.7567, He's on 9.2.0-20E (if that's what you are asking). This was working before with no settings changed, which I think is kind of weird.

4. Davidosky99

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    Have you ever downgraded with gateway?

5. TVL
    OP

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1
    It's never been downgraded. It was upgraded to get to 9.2 using sysupdater at one point though.

6. Davidosky99

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    You do know how browserhax works in o3ds right?
    You have to zoom in all the way and tap in the end of the slider(right end)
    Do you have a boot.3dsx file in the root of the SD?

7. TVL
    OP

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1
    Hmm, well I don't see any slider but it does find the right URL when I scan the QR-code. And I've tried many times going to it through a manually created bookmark to it.

Yes, boot.3dsx to homebrewlauncher is there at the root of the SD card.

8. Davidosky99

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    Try doing a system format to see if that changes your browser situation.
    If decrypt9wip loads, you can try these too to load rxtools(I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT THO AS SOME SORT OF CFW) and try to redo your downgrade, installing HB launcher loader as CIA with an injected FBI(redo the injection later as rxtools injection is shitty) as that might fix the issue too www.reboot.ms/3ds

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, show a picture of your SD card.
    What is its size and format?

TVL likes this.
  9. TVL
    OP

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1
    I could launch rxTools using the link you gave. From here on out I think I'll be able to have him not having to rely on browserhax anymore. Thanks a lot, really appreciate your help.

10. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Bangalore
    This.
    When the browser loads the site, zoom in to the top left corner and you'll see the slider. Click on the right border of the slider, then repeatedly tap 'A'.
    At least that's how I got it to work on my o3ds

11. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    Sliderhax itself sucks.
    You have to repeat initializing your browser and SCAN QR BUT NOT DIRECTLY TYPING URL to visit it again and again.
    If it still doesn't work, please pay additional money to buy Cubic Ninja!

* You HAVE TO load something to the browser cache before getting available to type URL. This reduces Sliderhax's success rate. So that's why I recommend scanning QR instead of typing URL.

12. Roomsaver

Roomsaver GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    garfield kart grand prix
    If you get into the HB launcher, set up menuhax. I'd also suggest using Luma3DS instead of RXTools, but that's just my personal opinion, since RX is outdated now. And if you really want to, you could also set up A9LH.