Browserhax - 9.4 Issue.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by xihx, Nov 2, 2015.

1. xihx
    OP

xihx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2015
    Australia
    Vienna
    Tried the BrowserHax Exploit on Nintendo 2DS @ 9.4

I did it numerious times untill finally getting a yellow screen which later resulted in a crash. :(

Running Browser = 1.7552

I have video of this happening if it is needed...

Also someone stated BrowserHax isn't supported for 2DS but then another said it is.

so IDK. any help is appriciated

2. ric.

ric. Drivin' to meme country

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    Keep in mind that browserhax is really finicky and usually takes a couple tries to get running correctly. Make sure to delete all browser data before trying. For better results, make sure to type the URL with the wireless switch off, then turn it on after you get the "Unable to connect" error (does the 2DS even have a wireless switch? I'm not sure)
    In any case you should only be using browserhax to install menuhax.

EDIT: Just to be clear, there's no reason why it shouldn't work - the 2DS browser is pretty much the same as the O3DS browser, so sliderhax (browserhax for O3DS) should work. Don't worry about your FW not being supported.

Last edited by ric., Nov 2, 2015
  3. xihx
    OP

xihx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2015
    Australia
    Vienna
    There is no Wi-Fi Slider. I'd end up having to goto home and toggle it on/off. And I will try, thanks.

UPDATE: Downloaded some payload. Re-Named it Put it on SD card. Tried a bunch of times, Keep getting Yellow Screen then crashing to the menu. Oh and this is probably pointless noob information. I updated the FW to 9.4 from a cartridge.

Last edited by xihx, Nov 2, 2015
  4. ric.

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    Well carts don't contain browser information so it's likely you still have an old browser in there. What version did you update from? That might be the source of the issue.

5. xihx
    OP

xihx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2015
    Australia
    Vienna
    Updated from 7.2.0-14U

6. Seita

Seita GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    I don't know if this applies to 2DS, but on O3ds, I got better results with scanning the QR code offline, quit the browser and then it'll load the slider automatically.

7. ric.

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    I'd be inclined to say that's the source of the issue, but...

It should work without any problems. Now, from my own experience with menuhax, older versions tend to be less reliable than newer ones, so of course you're going to run into issues, but my only advice is to just keep trying. Delete all browser data and try again.
    You'll know the exploit has worked when your lower screen flashes yellow for a couple seconds then gray (at least that's how it is for me on O3DS)

8. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    do you have the boot.3dsx on the root of the SD card

9. xihx
    OP

xihx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2015
    Australia
    Vienna

Yes, Everything is installed correctly.

10. xihx
    OP

xihx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2015
    Australia
    Vienna

If the browser doesn't update through cartridge updates, that is my problem. Now if this is true, is there a way to update the 3DS Browser w/o Updating Firmware? (I don't have GW)

Further Information, Browser Exploits DONT work for me.

11. ric.

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    Well if I'm reading the Browserhax github page right (quoted in my previous post), the exploit should work on any version of the o3DS browser except the first one, that being the 2.0.0-2 version. And since it's impossible to have a 2DS with a firmware under 6.0.0-12, it's safe to assume you have a sliderhax-compatible browser. Now like I said before, the exploit is rather unreliable and for some it works on the first try while others have to try it over and over and over. I feel like it would be easier if you could somehow turn off the wi-fi just before loading the page, but since the 2DS doesn't have a wireless switch/slider that's not really a possibility.

12. xihx
    OP

xihx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2015
    Australia
    Vienna
    Ok, I'll just do it from pressing home and enabling it right?

13. ric.

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    Yup. First of all, delete all browser data. Then, disable the wireless, type the URL on the browser (or read the QR code), wait for the connection error to appear, go back and enable wireless again, then go back to the browser and let the page load, then click on the far right of the slider (you can zoom in a little if necessary). Try to touch exactly where the slider ends for better results.
    If everything worked correctly - and if the screen works the same way it does on a 3DSXL, your bottom screen will flash yellow, then grey, and then you'll see the Browserhax loading screen.

14. CnR

CnR Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2015
    United States
    I am having the same problem. I get the yellow screen then it just crashes. I have 9.4.0-12U firmware. and 1.7552 browser firmware. Any thoughts. I tried several times cleaning browser data every time and no luck. This is on 2DS.

15. xihx
    OP

xihx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2015
    Australia
    Vienna
    Finally, someone who has the same problem as me.

Problem is still not resolved!