Hacking Broken SD reader anyway around this?

misterenlge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone Ive been searching for awhile now all the information i could find regarding this situation and would like some clarification please.

Switch console is still working with Cartridge games
Console is a banned console
SD Card Reader has missing pins on the connection spot on motherboard
With SD Reader removed can still use as normal just no saves ect...
Can load Hekatectcaer via RCM mode and Tegra

Only reason I still wonder if it is still possible to push a cfw payload is the fact i can start Hekatectcaer and have at least some options and is how i got my switch to disable the autorcm. Only afterwards did i find out i must have been too rough and pressed sdreader back on board to hard which resulted in some missing pins on the tiny connector on the mb itself. After researching the cost for getting this fixed it looks like thats out of the question and gonna get a new switch. The repair is far beyond what i can tackle alone and looks like the mb itself would need to be replaced. If anyone knows anything i can do without the reader other than play purchased cartridges before I give up would be awesome.

Thanks in Advance

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
yes, you can use your PC or Phone to push Hekate payload over, it doesn't need the SDCard reader for it, and you should be able to disable it from there.

misterenlge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, you can use your PC or Phone to push Hekate payload over, it doesn't need the SDCard reader for it, and you should be able to disable it from there.
So without the actual sd reader in the switch I can do this? I'm trying not to get to excited here until I know we are on same page here. So the SDReader is not in my switch at all but as i saod i can still boot up as normal and play purchased carts

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After re reading your reply now I think what I was asking wasn't clear which i apologize for. I want to be able to load up like SXOS or something like it to play games like I could before the SDreader was broken. I was able to load hekatectc to get the autorcm turned off so I would at least be able to boot normaly. I was under impression SXOS , Hekate is sdcard based and needed working sdreader in switch to load them.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So without the actual sd reader in the switch I can do this? I'm trying not to get to excited here until I know we are on same page here. So the SDReader is not in my switch at all but as i saod i can still boot up as normal and play purchased carts

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After re reading your reply now I think what I was asking wasn't clear which i apologize for. I want to be able to load up like SXOS or something like it to play games like I could before the SDreader was broken. I was able to load hekatectc to get the autorcm turned off so I would at least be able to boot normaly. I was under impression SXOS , Hekate is sdcard based and needed working sdreader in switch to load them.
Some config files for Hekate needs the sd card, but if I remember correct you can boot it and use the default without a SD Card reader. SXOS require you to have an SD Card since a lot of its features are on the SD Card.

Best would be to get your motherboard repaired.

misterenlge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some config files for Hekate needs the sd card, but if I remember correct you can boot it and use the default without a SD Card reader. SXOS require you to have an SD Card since a lot of its features are on the SD Card.

Best would be to get your motherboard repaired.

I was able to boot Hekate and it did at least let me turn the autorcm off so it was able to boot up normal. Thanks for the input i appreciate it. The cost for repair just seems way way to high and just getting whole new system seems more best route for me.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was able to boot Hekate and it did at least let me turn the autorcm off so it was able to boot up normal. Thanks for the input i appreciate it. The cost for repair just seems way way to high and just getting whole new system seems more best route for me.
Depends on the person that does it.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
From what I understand OP would like to launch homebrew and hacks on his Switch in its current state (without SD card reader).
However, right now CFW looks for files in the SD card, not the internal memory. I can imagine 32 GB to be of use for decent gaming.
Maybe this will be implemented down the road? For now no CFW does it.

Reactions: misterenlge

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Luckily, broken/damaged Switches are still worth a lot, especially if you sell the console, JoyCons and dock/charger separately. Or if you want to keep the extra JoyCons and dock/charger so you have an extra set, you can sell just the console and get somewhere between $100-150 for it.

Reactions: misterenlge

misterenlge

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@misterenlge I have a switch in the same boat. Theres no way to load a CFW on it. Sell it for parts or just use it for cartridge games.
Yeah just listed it on ebay tablet part only of course. I gotta ps4 fat 500gig i could sell too and after those two things sell i should be pretty close i hope and just get me new switch. oh well live and learn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-