Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to get it off right now... i know pretty much nothing,

to get it set off:

I have a 4.0U Firmware, i had HBC installed,
my wii is old, Pre LU64

My wii was bricked using IOS60 Patcher (but nintendo now makes that a stub ios?)
it sends nothing to my tv, yes everything is plugged in.

i got advice from one friend that said to take apart a controller, and got rid of the nib, held it down when starting wii... and no, that doesnt work ethier

did i just get screwd out of $250?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taking apart a controller? What is he talking about? That's not gonna have any affect on the software of the system, and that's what's fucked up with your Wii.

If it goes straight to black without BootMii or anything, than you're pretty fucked. Although most bricks go to the health and safety screen before going to black, unless you fucked up BootMii.

You can either send it to Nintendo for a repair (although they'll probably send it with the latest firmware, which sucks) or buy a modchip, install it, and use an unbricking DVD (I think you can do that).

Korny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how wuld i go about sending it to nintendo? wouldnt they not send it back period if i bricked it? btw i got this wii around Mario Strikers Charged era....? o.O

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IOS60 patcher is a brick tool. He stubbed his menu IOS...if no bootmii/boot2 it's time to call Nintendo.

EDIT: Missed Korny's 2nd post. They'll take it and likely send you a new one. If they ask what happened, tell them it bricked during an update.

Korny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sorta pissed... lmao, i just wanted to play mkwiii d.d

idk if i want anuther wii r__r

lol do you guys have a number to call? o.O cause theres shurely 1000s of nintendo numbers,

btw: wuld nintendo send me a new wii, like one i could take to Walmart and return? o.O

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Taking apart a controller? What is he talking about? That's not gonna have any affect on the software of the system, and that's what's fucked up with your Wii.

Really? SaveMiiFrii doesn't ring any bells for you?

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acorn if you send your Wii to Nintendo they'll find the homebrew channel on it and charge you $80 and what they'll send you back will be a Wii with no hope of ever being able to load backups

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiiztec said:
Acorn if you send your Wii to Nintendo they'll find the homebrew channel on it and charge you $80 and what they'll send you back will be a Wii with no hope of ever being able to load backups
100% bullshit
he has a unrecoverable brick
nintendo not even going to look at his wii.
theyre just going to exchange it.
why spread lies?

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
wiiztec said:
100% bullshit
why spread lies?

Nintendo can recover a Wii from any brick and even if they couldn't the second part about what I said is most definately true Nintendo will update his Wii to 4.2

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiiztec said:
Nintendo can recover a Wii from any brick and even if they couldn't the second part about what I said is most definately true Nintendo will update his Wii to 4.2
they can, but they wont.
you dont understand the process of what goes on when you send your wii in.
nintendo doesnt even see/care about your wii.
they just hire some thrid party company to send you a refurbished wii, and flash the NAND of your old Wii and give it to someone else when another order comes in.

Korny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mmkay, thanks for the help, ill call later today wen i get back frum work.... i know freinds that have wiis that are like on 3.0, they wuld trade me for a refurbished one so thats not a problem...

but wuld they send me a new one for free? o.O or would it be like a $50 charge (or the $80 one that wiiztec wuz saying) .__.

Korny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: called nintendo, the guy wuz like: okay, is it plugged in, lets try it again, okay one more time... ok good still not working? mhmm, so lets see...

long story short: theyre sending me a shipping label and are going to send me a refurbished wii....

jazvdb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiztec said:
xzxero said:
wiiztec said:
100% bullshit
why spread lies?

Just shut up....

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, nintendo has been getting so many bricks from their 4.2 update that they won't even bother to check
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT