Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nathaan.com
XP
Country
France
Hello there

I have no idea how this happened. I tried to run Mocha CFW, the wii u froze, so I restarted it and now its bricked. Well I don't know if it's real bricked but I don't know how to fix it too. I tried like an idiot to uninstall CBHC (I had CBHC) and now I cant even run homebrew channel.

The problem : wii U menu splash infinite loading OR freeze after the message which say the console wasn't turned off correctly.

I haven't got my NAND Backup anymore.

Please help! Thanks!

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said you tried to uninstall CBHC. What were the steps you took to uninstall? Also why would you be using Mocha if you had CBHC? That makes no sense (unless you followed wiiu.guide)

Reactions: wicksand420

NathaanTFM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nathaan.com
XP
Country
France
You said you tried to uninstall CBHC. What were the steps you took to uninstall? Also why would you be using Mocha if you had CBHC? That makes no sense (unless you followed wiiu.guide)

I uninstalled CBHC with the same installer I installed it with. I ran CBHC Installer then selected Brain Test game and pressed B.
(I followed wiiu.guide).

The menu just freeze after booting. I wanted to post an image but I can't as new member.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh. Another wiiu.guide victim. I don't know why people assume that guide is gospel just because 3ds.guide is so good.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why don't you have a nand backup?

Reactions: Krazyeye

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it may be since you had never run mocha before. the first time you start up mocha you'll be presented with a menu of options. you can prevent the window from popping up by pressing a button (can't recall which).

the issue may be the guide you followed. it's very outdated. however, I find it odd that it would, at that time, brick unless you were using an outdated version of cbhc. I've heard of people bricking by updating it without uninstalling it first.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If cbhc is in fact installed, when you turn on your console you will see CBHC autoboot by fix94, on the screen, if not you dont have cbhc

NathaanTFM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nathaan.com
XP
Country
France
A BIT OF PROGRESS : For some reason, it asked me which account I wanted to select. First time it did that. Then i select a Mii (or try to make one) and GUESS WHAT? it crash.
EDIT : Found the reason. I can start "Menu" from Quick Start Menu. So I can select a character only if I run the wii with the gamepad. Weird.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A BIT OF PROGRESS : For some reason, it asked me which account I wanted to select. First time it did that. Then i select a Mii (or try to make one) and GUESS WHAT? it crash.
EDIT : Found the reason. I can start "Menu" from Quick Start Menu. So I can select a character only if I run the wii with the gamepad. Weird.

Just a random suggestion, shut the console completely off, and then power it on with the power button on the console, not the gamepad.
From here press and hold the A button on the Gamepad, and keep it held, even when you see the "Wii U menu" thing on the screen, even if you think it's frozen.

If you do this, it may boot you into the Homebrew Launcher where you can correctly uninstall CBHC and reinstall it if you desire.
If it does something else, detail what it does here.

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

Trainpigmaster23

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just a random suggestion, shut the console completely off, and then power it on with the power button on the console, not the gamepad.
From here press and hold the A button on the Gamepad, and keep it held, even when you see the "Wii U menu" thing on the screen, even if you think it's frozen.

If you do this, it may boot you into the Homebrew Launcher where you can correctly uninstall CBHC and reinstall it if you desire.
If it does something else, detail what it does here.
Wow thats a good idea! He really should try that!

Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?