OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My freind's Wii has been bricked and it is doing the following:

When it turns on it boots to BootMii in boot2

Selecting the System Menu just shows black screen.

Homebrew chanel works and can launch apps.

Wiimotes will not connect.

I have tried to reinstall the System Menu but I might be doing it wrong. The System Menu is/was 4.1 but I have tried to install System Menu 4.2 and 4.3 using MultiMmod Manager and 4.2 using DOP-Mii. I have also tried using Any Region changer but I get a SYSCONF error.

Also the disc drive is broken but it's been like that for over a year and is probably unrelated.

How do I fix the system menu? My friend lost his NAND backup so I can't use that. Will I need to use Ohneschwanzenegger to make a fresh NAND.bin?

Also is there a way a copying game saves off of the Wii without going through the system menu?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As long as you have the capability to boot Homebrew Channel, there is hope. Post a Syscheck so that we can look through the installed IOS'es, then we'll see what can be done. Seeing that WiiMotes won't connect, use a Gamecube controller.

jmf145

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I did that. I get the picture below and then it goes to bootmii after about minute:

CSzt6Nr.jpg

jmf145

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, Here:

sysCheck v1.6.2 by Erik Spyder

Region unknown
The system menu v481 is running under IOS58 (rev 6176)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 67584905
Boot2 v2
Found 134 titles
Found 45 IOS on this console
Found 4 IOS Stubs on this console

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before you do anything make sure you make a new backup with bootmii. (you can extract your saves from it, and restore it if things get more fucked up)

What version system menu does MMM say you have? It will be in the "Display Wii System Info" option. It will also tell you what IOS it is on. Using that info, try installing the lowest version available of that IOS in DOP-Mii.

If that doesn't help, you can try to flash a fresh NAND with Ohneschwanzenegger, to see if that changes anything. You should be pretty safe to do this, seeing as you have your current NAND backup and bootmii as boot2

jmf145

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you do anything make sure you make a new backup with bootmii. (you can extract your saves from it, and restore it if things get more fucked up)

What version system menu does MMM say you have? It will be in the "Display Wii System Info" option. It will also tell you what IOS it is on. Using that info, try installing the lowest version available of that IOS in DOP-Mii.

If that doesn't help, you can try to flash a fresh NAND with Ohneschwanzenegger, to see if that changes anything. You should be pretty safe to do this, seeing as you have your current NAND backup and bootmii as boot2

When installing in DOP-Mii which IOS should I use? I've been using 36. Should I use AHBPROT?

DarkWork0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it's freezing on/after 28 try reinstalling ios 22 or 21 as it seems it might be hanging on one of those. I suggest 21 first as it (according to wiibrew)"contains NAND BOOT PROGRAM". I don't know if that would help, but I would try it and possibly all the active ones after 28 if that didn't work.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know what the hell im doing but from what i have read in another thread is cant you make a backup of your bricked nand and use oneshwazeneger to create a fresh working nand and then insall it with bootmii.

tronic307

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Backup NAND. Do not overwrite old backup.
  2. Use Dop-Mii to make sure ALL system menu IOSs are present and not stubs. (IOS 20,30,40,50,60,70,80 must NOT be stubs)
  3. Reinstall System Menu.

jmf145

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Backup NAND. Do not overwrite old backup.
  2. Use Dop-Mii to make sure ALL system menu IOSs are present and not stubs. (IOS 20,30,40,50,60,70,80 must NOT be stubs)
  3. Reinstall System Menu.

So, this is strange, all the system menu IOSs (20,30,40,50,60,80 ) show that v16174 is installed for them except for IOS 70 which has v6687.

When trying to reinstall the system menu I get a "Exception dsi occurred!" errror.

tronic307

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, this is strange, all the system menu IOSs (20,30,40,50,60,80 ) show that v16174 is installed for them except for IOS 70 which has v6687.

When trying to reinstall the system menu I get a "Exception dsi occurred!" errror.

v16174 IOS from Mod-Mii,right? They should be good. Could you try the non-Wiibrew edition Dop-Mii? You could also try deleting the system menu before reinstalling.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which system menu did MMM say you had?
If you aren't able to install stuff from DOP-Mii, then you can try using NUS Downloader on your computer to get the WADs (make sure you remember to tick the 'Pack WAD' box) and then install them with MMM or some other WAD Manager.

I dont know what the hell im doing but from what i have read in another thread is cant you make a backup of your bricked nand and use oneshwazeneger to create a fresh working nand and then insall it with bootmii.
Don't know where you heard this, but it is incorrect. As long as you have access to bootmii, you can always make a backup.

winmaster

Weird Kid Who Still Plays Pokemon
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nintenpc.tripod.com
XP
Country
United States
Like others said, you should make a BootMii backup before proceeding, and often throughout the process of fixing your wii, keeping track of what you did between backups.

Ok, Here:

sysCheck v1.6.2 by Erik Spyder

Region unknown
The system menu v481 is running under IOS58 (rev 6176)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 67584905
Boot2 v2
Found 134 titles
Found 45 IOS on this console
Found 4 IOS Stubs on this console

Try running the latest Syscheck from here: http://code.google.com/p/syscheck/downloads/detail?name=syscheckb19.zip&can=2&q=

It should dump a new log to your SD card, which you should post here if you can. It is much easier to read a log file than pictures of your TV screen, and easier on the bandwidth too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Sorry, not sorry. But the guy creates his own chaos and I don't believe most everything he has...