Homebrew Bricked vWii

LittenBitten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help unbricking my vWii and if it helps here's what happened before it was bricked:

I was trying to patch some wads with wiiconnect24 and then installed them
(note there were 2 photo channels and i installed both of them so that's more than likely the issue)

I also tried using "FTPiiU everywhere" to delete the second photo channel and it just kept saying "connection to server closed"

Nightkingale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your best bet is to start off by attempting the "Light mode" option through the vWii Decaffeinator. It's a homebrew application which you run through the Wii U's Homebrew Launcher. Once you're in, selecting "Light mode" and following the prompts would clear all installed system applications, including ones that didn't originally come with the built-in Wii Menu. If the duplicate Photo Channels were to blame for your issue, it should clear them out and you'll be up and running after you update the system. You can find further information here if you want a guide to look at as a reference. :)

Reactions: jeannotte

LittenBitten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your best bet is to start off by attempting the "Light mode" option through the vWii Decaffeinator. It's a homebrew application which you run through the Wii U's Homebrew Launcher. Once you're in, selecting "Light mode" and following the prompts would clear all installed system applications, including ones that didn't originally come with the built-in Wii Menu. If the duplicate Photo Channels were to blame for your issue, it should clear them out and you'll be up and running after you update the system. You can find further information here if you want a guide to look at as a reference. :)
Thanks, Man that really helped me! It took me while to find out how to turn off rednand but it worked! thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY