Hacking Bricked using SafeA9LHInstaller

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did mine with browserhax too fwiw. It's kinda scary to do otpless now. I'll probably wait for a fix or an explanation before doing it on other consoles.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
There is any explanation of how OTPLess method works?

The short of it is that you can compare a decrypted secret_sector.bin and the encrypted copy in your NAND to derive the key used to encrypt it (your OTP hash) and thus make your own modded secret sector for a9lh.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The otp-less method uses some tricks with memmory to work. If it was that the problem, I dobut it can be solved without a hardmod

shamalox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yesterday I installed a9hl OTP-less on a 9.6 EU N3DS XL, the downgrade failes the 1st time, had to do it twice. No problem after that, it worked like a charm.
I used browserhaxx has entrypoint.
The N3DS is brand new.

Last edited by shamalox,

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a9lh OTPless on a 9.2 N3DS, downgraded from 9.9, the downgrade took two runs to complete, the first time I got an error that right before the last two files and my 3DS shut off, the second time I ran it it just installed the final two files and completed normally- otherwise, the otpless installation went incredibly smoothly, this was my real first time doing anything with a 3ds as I got rid of my old one, other than homebrew when it was FIRST announced.

I used browserhax as an entrypoint, and if it means anything, the n3ds was brand new, bought it the same day i got everything working.

Worst part is that I used my android phone to format/read the SD card since I didn't have an SD card reader, so not only was it formatted with whatever default method android uses, but it was also cluttered with default android directories and cache/database files, but everything worked fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning