Hacking Question Bricked Switch after first running Atmosphere with AutoRCM

GyaraKarp13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So I decided to dive into CFW today, and everything went well until I wanted to launch Atmosphere. I launched the fusee-primary payload and my switch threw a fatal error saying it could not find the fusee-secondary file. When I installed it on my SD card and rebooted (Please note: it went into RCM due to AutoRCM and I think the issue lies here) The screen became black. I checked TegraRcmGUI and it said RCM could not be found. I pressed the power button for 10+ seconds, to no avail. My switch is clearly not turned off, and it isn't in RCM either. What's going on and how can I fix this? I really don't want to lose my Switch, so any help is appreciated.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taken from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/autorcm-with-the-nintendo-switch-101.515402/

AutoRCM does not drain the battery. What does drain the battery is leaving the console in RCM which can happen due to an improper shutdown. This happened to many users very early in the Switch scene because we were not aware that turning off a console with AutoRCM enabled would cause it to reboot back into RCM. However some users still have this happen by accident and wind up with a console that is either dead or nearly dead. There was another misconception that the Switch could not recharge with a dead battery and AutoRCM but this was also debunked. Meaning even if your Switch runs out of battery, you can always recharge it. Depending on whether or not a payload will work on your console will change how you can charge it.

If your console can still accept payloads...

1. Press the Power button once
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 12 seconds
  3. Press the Power button once
  4. Connect it to your computer via USB
  5. Send Hekate as a payload
  6. Choose the "Power Off" function
  7. DO NOT unplug your console from this point as now your console will normally recharge. It should gain enough charge to boot up into CFW/OFW in about 10-15 minutes. It should also be noted that this method is the only way to charge the console while keeping it off as trying to charge it in any other scenario will turn on the Switch.

If your console cannot accept payloads...

1. Press the Power button once
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 12 seconds
  3. Either plug the Switch into your computer via USB or the dock while the dock is connected to the charger
  4. Wait about 30 minutes to an hour
  5. Try sending a payload such as Hekate. If it succeeds, use Hekate's "Power Off" function and keep the console plugged in so it can continue charging at a faster rate. If the payload did not work, try charging the console for longer or charge it elsewhere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality