Bricked PS3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by darksence, Jul 1, 2011.

Jul 1, 2011

Bricked PS3 by darksence at 10:31 AM (774 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. darksence
    OP

Newcomer darksence Newbie

United States
    SO... A long time ago my phat ps3 got the YLoD, I was sad [​IMG] but I tried to fix it and I managed to make it work. Took a bit to finally make it last, since it was still getting the YLoD, so I refluxed it and all, case moded with like 38019283019238 fans everywhere it works fine. Since I got a slim I really didn't use the phat one on a regular basis, until a couple of weeks ago when I was going to play with my brother BBC online. It asked me to update, i did, when it was installing at 62% it said that there was an error and that I should restart ps3 and try again, so I did like 5 times. since it kept saying that I let the timer (there was one when it said there was an error) go out and it turns off the ps3; thats when the problems started, when I turn it on its just a black screen no sound no nothing (using component cables). I tried the safe mode thing but it keeps telling me that it cannot access the HDD. I formatted the HDD but it still wont read it. I dont know what to do anymore. pls someone help a girl in need! [​IMG]

2. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
  3. darksence
    OP

Newcomer darksence Newbie

United States
    I tried, It just kept loading after like 2 hrs that i left it there. [​IMG]

4. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    well then i don't really know what to say other than it's time to get a slim, i got a ps3 on launch and had to get a slim a few months back, the only problem is, can u get to the backup menu? and you'll need an external harddrive (usb)

5. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    if hdd problem, tried to replace the hdd ?
    you can enter recovery menu on ps3 if your firmware support it and make firmware install from usb pen