Bricked PS3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by darksence, Jul 1, 2011.

1. darksence
    OP

darksence Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2011
    United States
    SO... A long time ago my phat ps3 got the YLoD, I was sad [​IMG] but I tried to fix it and I managed to make it work. Took a bit to finally make it last, since it was still getting the YLoD, so I refluxed it and all, case moded with like 38019283019238 fans everywhere it works fine. Since I got a slim I really didn't use the phat one on a regular basis, until a couple of weeks ago when I was going to play with my brother BBC online. It asked me to update, i did, when it was installing at 62% it said that there was an error and that I should restart ps3 and try again, so I did like 5 times. since it kept saying that I let the timer (there was one when it said there was an error) go out and it turns off the ps3; thats when the problems started, when I turn it on its just a black screen no sound no nothing (using component cables). I tried the safe mode thing but it keeps telling me that it cannot access the HDD. I formatted the HDD but it still wont read it. I dont know what to do anymore. pls someone help a girl in need! [​IMG]

2. Terminator02

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near monkat
  3. darksence
    OP

darksence Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2011
    United States
    I tried, It just kept loading after like 2 hrs that i left it there. [​IMG]

4. Terminator02

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near monkat
    well then i don't really know what to say other than it's time to get a slim, i got a ps3 on launch and had to get a slim a few months back, the only problem is, can u get to the backup menu? and you'll need an external harddrive (usb)

5. zhuzhuchina

zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 17, 2008
    Switzerland
    Shanghai
    if hdd problem, tried to replace the hdd ?
    you can enter recovery menu on ps3 if your firmware support it and make firmware install from usb pen