Hacking Bricked my Switch :-<

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It means Nintendo did a poor job if hardly anyone ever seems to know about this "feature". You would think anyone with a PC would know about long press power button though.
Electronics in general have been using this method for decades, I don't know from under what rock in what trailer park these people crawled out of...

Reactions: Pluupy

cantrollmyrs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all kids these days may know about it, but true, even when phones freeze, you do a long power hold. I think the fact that the switch screen is black makes it seem like it is off when in AutoRCM, even though its actually active.

Electronics in general have been using this method for decades, I don't know from under what rock in what trailer park these people crawled out of...

mhayquel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
try to use older stash, for 3.x.x, i think you need 2.2 version or lower of Dark Mateos's other than the updated 3.1.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
This happened to me, the ReiNX logo shows then nothing happens with a black screen. I waited like 30 seconds then pressed the power button for a second, then i got a "game card could not be read" message. i took out my zelda cartridge from my switch then re-injected reinx, and now it works.

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me, the ReiNX logo shows then nothing happens with a black screen. I waited like 30 seconds then pressed the power button for a second, then i got a "game card could not be read" message. i took out my zelda cartridge from my switch then re-injected reinx, and now it works.

Cart error is from the included nogc patch, you can remove it by deleting the nogc file. However, removing this will update your gamecart firmware to where carts will not work on lower firmware than your current system version. Only do this if you don't care if it's updated and you don't plan to play carts on lower firmwares in the future. There's also a chance an exploit may require a cart on a lower firmware in the future, but there's not been any news regarding one so far.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Cart error is from the included nogc patch, you can remove it by deleting the nogc file. However, removing this will update your gamecart firmware to where carts will not work on lower firmware than your current system version. Only do this if you don't care if it's updated and you don't plan to play carts on lower firmwares in the future. There's also a chance an exploit may require a cart on a lower firmware in the future, but there's not been any news regarding one so far.

Thanks for the info!

electronrancher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It means Nintendo did a poor job if hardly anyone ever seems to know about this "feature". You would think anyone with a PC would know about long press power button though.

I don't think Nintendo expected people to be hung in RCM mode. :). It's not easy to do accidentally unless the nand is truly borked. Guess we're victims of our own meddling, this 'black screen hang' has definitely given me a heart attack or two

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: C64 puts it to shame