Homebrew Question Bricked My Switch Can Someone Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whoever was involved in the creation of and spreading of this file is the lowest of the low. Imagine doing this with the intention of damaging other people's equipment.

You should be ashamed of yourselves, there's nothing amusing or cool about what you did.

I hope my comments stand and aren't censored.

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
so he makes a "fix" with files that infect your computer and does damage to that too.
Or I make a fix in the form of an open source payload that comes with no precompiled binaries so you can see for yourself

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

therocker12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the fact that this dude has still right to write on gbatemp is sad to see. like i said. you just have to be in the same discord servers with him and then you see how he truly feels. not that it matters to me but "hurting" other people in that case with destryoing their switch is simpleminded and pathetic.

Equalz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Coming from someone who got hit by it: At this point i'll download any fix since there just isn't any.

Also if there will be a fix then this will be a proper prank credit can be taken for

Last edited by Equalz,

therocker12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you have to think about all the consequences... not ony the people that got their switches broken. apparantly adding a brickcode in a nsp is the easiest thing to do (after all, it was done by children) so this stuff is gonna be the norm now when it comes to releases. what to do against it? never get any releases from random discord or whatever servers. only go with SCENE stuff from now on.

on top of that. a bunch of vulnerable switch units are just kaboom now. great thing to do on a device with only a limited quantity. remember? nintendo patched the current units.

on top of that many of the people that screwed over will sell their broken switches now to people that hope to still get a vulnerable unit to just get fucked over because they obviously dont mention it.

so yeah. i would never trust a person like that again that is part responsible for all of that. OF COURSE it is not his mistake if someone trys to rip another person off by selling a bricked switch but he was at the start of all that mess what means he is responsible.

and with the fact that gbatemp is not banning the shit out of him pretty much shows you are ok with behavior like this what is really sad.

at this point anyone downloading any switch related file of any discord server or even open tracker is a fool so pls. get your stuff from the more trusted sources from now on. learn from it. some did the hard way unfortunatly.

Last edited by therocker12,
Reactions: peteruk

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always love seeing people telling the mods what to do. If someone comes into my job and tells me how to do something, you'll be bitch slapped before you can finish your sentence. The mods/Administration will handle this how they feel is necessary. I can't walk into Walmart and tell the hardware department to get rid of all their hammers because I was stupid and hit my switch with it.

Flump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A lot of the stuff I overwrote was unused, Flump.
Everything from offset 0x0270 to 0x09B0 is unused, and doesn't matter

So where are you going to get the console specific stuff from that wasn't unused?

therocker12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
best sticking to this release imo

Pokemon_Lets_Go_Pikachu_NSW-LiGHTFORCE

when it comes to that stuff always go with scene releases. never use p2p or other stuff. not to say you should trust the scene 100% too but they have a clearly better reputation than some people that spread brickcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...