Hacking Bricked installing ios60

MetalReaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys , so, i wanted toplay wads from sd so i downloaded the net installer of ios60 now the wii is bricked.
I have a 4.1E with wiikey,wii turns on , no audio/video output,i had bootmii installed once but i deleted it(dumbf*ck)
So , no preloader, no bootmii, just a modchip , still screwd eh?

Any help is aprecciated

GPWeaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When you say you had Bootmii installed was is as an IOS or in boot2? If it was as boot2 are you sure you deleted it? You would have had to run the hackmii installer again and selected to uninstall bootmi. If you just mean you took the files off the SD card but bootmii is still installed as boot2 (your blue disc drive light will flicker when the console is powered up if it is) and you have a NAND backup you will be ok.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're fully bricked. That IOS60 installer became brickware when 4.2 came out.

Did you just delete bootmii's folder from the SD or actually uninstall it in hackmii installer? If you only deleted the folder, and have bootmii as boot2, it can be unbricked. If you uninstalled it, you have a $200 paperweight.

Assuming it's old enough, it might be unbrickable with an infectus, but I don't know much about that method.

EDIT: Argh, beaten once again.

MetalReaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think i really uninstalled bootmii , i tried putting the files on the sd , but doesn't work either.
When i turn the wii on , the blue light turns on and off, but i don't think that's considered
flickering

GPWeaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry then mate if you really uninstalled it I'm beat. Your best bet seems this infectus thing but I know nothing about it. Think DeadlyFoez is your man

MetalReaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the help man , but i did some research on the infectus thingy and it seems way boring
and expensive...i guess i will just leave it be and maybe one day there'l be a better fix around.
Still, thanks for the help guys.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
XFlak said:
even if u uninstalled bootmii, it can be fixed using an infectus IF you have a nand backup

if u were EVER able to install bootmii as boot2 (not just as IOS), then ur wii should be able to be fixed using an infectus even if you dont have a nand backup

I find it ridiculous that I have to repeat myself

MetalReaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
heh , sorry for that , didnt read properly , yeah i was able to install bootmii as boot2,but i think the infectus procedure seems boring.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if u were in north america I would recommend sending your wii to deadlyfoez, he could fix it for u real easily.

I've never used an infectus, but i know that it can fix your wii.

I don't know if boring is the right word, it is somewhat complicated, but if u do your research, i'm sure ur wii can be fixed. And if it seems to complicated for u, there may be some1 on this forum with an infectus near u that is willing to fix it for u (or u can see how much it would cost to ship it to the states and get DeadlyFoez to fix it for u)

anyways, that is the ONLY way u will fix your wii (short of sending it to nintendo, and they'll probably just replace it)

MetalReaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah , i will end up fixing it with the infectus in the future,i'm really not in the mood for it now so i will enjoy some pc gaming lol
thanks XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night