Bricked console?? HELP!!

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by giallux92, May 18, 2019.

1. giallux92
    OP

giallux92 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2019
    Italy
    Hello, I'm not that confident with the switch scene but I'm not a newbie.
    I've updated from 6.2.0 to 7.0.0 doing a backup a few hours ago. I had a slow download speed with Hbg Shop and I wanted to switch from 90dns to google dns + incognito to (possibly) fix it.

I had Kosmos but my sd card was a mess, so I decided to keep the switch and nintendo folder, delete everything else and start from scratch.

Kosmos does not support incognito, it doesn't let you write the serial, so I decided to try with Athmosphere vanilla but the "album" for the homebrew channel was making my Switch crash.

I had already spent a lot of time with the process so I decided to try SX OS, I tried to make a EmuNAND but it was taking too much (maybe this was the problem?) so I decided to cancel the process and go on. The thing is that SX OS wouldn't even start, I could make it to the point where it says that the license file was created and I could continue using the cfw, but it wouldn't start.

Then I went on with ReiNX and it worked, I managed to activate incognito without a problem.

After that I've reinstalled Kosmos, given that I prefer that cfw. I went on to put the google dnss and then I tried to update Kosmos with Kosmos Updater. After the update was done, the console rebooted but it froze on the cfw logo.

The situation is this:

1. AutoRCM was automatically activated
    2. I can actually inject payloads but every cfw I try, it won't go past the boot logo
    3. If I use Hekate as payload without the sd card, I can actually boot to the Hekate menu (the one with the various options, tools, etc)
    4. I have a 6.2.0 full backup made with Hekate
    Is my console actually bricked?? What can I do??
    Any help would be extremely appreciated!!

2. laramie

laramie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    update your cfw payloads

3. giallux92
    OP

giallux92 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2019
    Italy
    They're all updated, I just downloaded everything from scratch.

I forgot to mention that I can't boot into normal mode, that the sd card is exFAT and the upgrade to 7.0.0 was made with exFAT support

4. laramie

laramie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 15, 2014
    United States
    how many fuses are burnt?
    Edit: Also try updating the entire cfw not just the payload. Is Sept.bin updated?

5. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Replace your Kosmos file with new one.

6. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    Never use kosmos updater when you're on exfat because it will mess up your files. Format to fat32 and try your cfw again.

Onlyd and Deleted_413010 like this.
  7. Onlyd

Onlyd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2019
    United States
    Pa
    as long as you got your backup off the sd card before you ran the kosmos updater youll be safe, worse case worse nand restore and get that sd card to fat32 asap!

8. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I agree. Seems to be an SD issue. Fat32 my friend!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted